Notices
Scion tC 2G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Remote Starter for push button 14 tC?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2019, 02:01 PM
SL Member

Default Remote Starter for push button 14 tC?

So apparently a remote starter for a 2014 Monogram tC with push button doesn’t exist. Some back round....

I’ve taken my car to 4 different places that install remote starters. I’ve specified to each one that it’s a push button and they all say “we absolutely can do that. No problem.”
I set the appointment up, usually weeks in advance, get a ride home and then a few hours later I get a call saying they can’t do because of the security code to bypass the break pedal and or key code.

Eventually I get screw it I’ll fork out the extra money and have the Toyota dealership do it. Same process, I ask if it’s possible for my car to get a remote starter with my push button and they say “of course we can, it’s our car!” I set the appointment up a week out, drop my car off, get a ride home and lo and behold, I get that exciting phone call saying they can’t get past the security code. I tell them it’s your car and you can’t get past your own security? They say the only way they can is if they make it a loss of key starter. (They take my spare key, put it in a box in the engine bay and use that to relay to the remote starter from my other key to start). They assure me nobody would be able to just unlock my car, start it and drive off, they disable they part for the spare. Not only would that cost significantly more but I also don’t have a spare key, nor do I have the money to get a spare key on top of the $800 fee for the starter and installation. Nor do I really feel comfortable with my that key box.

Has anybody ever experienced this problem with their car? Cause if the dealership can’t put a starter in their own car then I’m assuming it’s just impossible to get one.

*Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator

Sticky Where to Post Your Question

Sticky How To Advanced Search SL (Scion Life)

Last edited by MR_LUV; 10-25-2019 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator
Old 10-31-2019, 02:04 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Klacker
So apparently a remote starter for a 2014 Monogram tC with push button doesn’t exist. Some back round....

I’ve taken my car to 4 different places that install remote starters. I’ve specified to each one that it’s a push button and they all say “we absolutely can do that. No problem.”
I set the appointment up, usually weeks in advance, get a ride home and then a few hours later I get a call saying they can’t do because of the security code to bypass the break pedal and or key code.

Eventually I get screw it I’ll fork out the extra money and have the Toyota dealership do it. Same process, I ask if it’s possible for my car to get a remote starter with my push button and they say “of course we can, it’s our car!” I set the appointment up a week out, drop my car off, get a ride home and lo and behold, I get that exciting phone call saying they can’t get past the security code. I tell them it’s your car and you can’t get past your own security? They say the only way they can is if they make it a loss of key starter. (They take my spare key, put it in a box in the engine bay and use that to relay to the remote starter from my other key to start). They assure me nobody would be able to just unlock my car, start it and drive off, they disable they part for the spare. Not only would that cost significantly more but I also don’t have a spare key, nor do I have the money to get a spare key on top of the $800 fee for the starter and installation. Nor do I really feel comfortable with my that key box.

Has anybody ever experienced this problem with their car? Cause if the dealership can’t put a starter in their own car then I’m assuming it’s just impossible to get one.
I too have gone through this many times. I've contacted just about every car security manufacturer with no luck. I did however take my tC to a local shop that gave me some hope but then crushed my dreams when he said I'd loose door handle functionality and would have to carry two remotes.
That is a big nope for me. I have got very accustomed to having my techy features that I turned his offer down. I have seen 4Runners with what seems like the same factory system (PBStart, Door handle functionality, smart key) with aftermarket remote start.

How different would that system be from our tC?

____

Last edited by MR_LUV; 10-31-2019 at 06:23 PM.
Old 02-28-2020, 01:40 AM
SL Member

Remote Starter into a Scion tC with push button start can definitely be accomplished.
If you haven't found a place to do this yet, message me and we'll talk.

I've been installing for 20+ years with Viper and compustar. let me know if i can help.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 02-28-2020 at 03:01 AM.