Notices
Scion tC 2G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Wanted stuff

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 04:29 PM

Default Wanted stuff

So I think they first couple of things I want to do is add a CAI and maybe chip my new scion tc, I read the stickies and it seems like I may go with the ingen as it looks like i get the most HP for cost but the site says offroad use only am I going to void my warranty?

And i know nothing about chipping a car do i honeslty have to drive around with that big controller attached to my window?

What would you suggest i do first to the car I just bought ?
Old 07-10-2013, 07:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would suggest doing more reading. Scion didn't hide 50 hp in that block just cuz stupid Americans. Chips won't do anything for your car.
Yes installing ANY performance mods will void your warranty; but only if they're installed when you take it to the dealer for warranty work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-10-2013, 09:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DaWiz711
I would suggest doing more reading. Scion didn't hide 50 hp in that block just cuz stupid Americans. Chips won't do anything for your car.
Yes installing ANY performance mods will void your warranty; but only if they're installed when you take it to the dealer for warranty work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

1. No aftermarket part will void your warranty unless proven to be the cause of the problem.

2. I believe he was referring to the Unichip which is an EMS. The Unichip DOES make a very noticeable difference. I recently installed one on tC2.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by DaWiz711

yeah uhh, sorry but that kinda seems like some bad information.

if you replace your intake, you will 'void' the warranty for that part. meaning, if you take your car in because there is an issue with your suspension, no worries. if you take your car in and say 'fix it because my intake is broken' -- they'll probably laugh at you. Like mr tCluvr said, they need to prove that the aftermarket part is what caused the issue with whatever they are fixing.

Injen is a solid product, I have it on my car. The sound your car makes post install is glorious compared to stock (especially the whistling around 4k), and a CAI is a pretty typical place to start. Dont worry too much about brand and horsepower claims, because for the most part they are nonsense. Buy one you like/trust -- but dont skimp on price too bad.

After you order it and you add it to your signature -- just make sure you spell it with a J and not a G
Old 07-11-2013, 02:22 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TriForce

if you replace your intake, you will 'void' the warranty for that part. meaning, if you take your car in because there is an issue with your suspension, no worries. if you take your car in and say 'fix it because my intake is broken' -- they'll probably laugh at you. Like mr tCluvr said, they need to prove that the aftermarket part is what caused the issue with whatever they are fixing.

Injen is a solid product, I have it on my car. The sound your car makes post install is glorious compared to stock (especially the whistling around 4k), and a CAI is a pretty typical place to start. Dont worry too much about brand and horsepower claims, because for the most part they are nonsense. Buy one you like/trust -- but dont skimp on price too bad.

After you order it and you add it to your signature -- just make sure you spell it with a J and not a G
However.. for every 1 successful build/mod thread. I see 2 blown up/unwarrantied threads on these cars. Each to their own, but I swear half of the turbo threads i've read end up in a bit of confusion,frustration, regret or they finally get it professionally tuned or whatever they did wrong. I like the idea, I am afraid to go through with the headhaches involved.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:06 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin
However.. for every 1 successful build/mod thread. I see 2 blown up/unwarrantied threads on these cars. Each to their own, but I swear half of the turbo threads i've read end up in a bit of confusion,frustration, regret or they finally get it professionally tuned or whatever they did wrong. I like the idea, I am afraid to go through with the headhaches involved.
He's asking about an intake and the Unichip, NOT a $5K modification. Big difference.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:07 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TriForce

Agree 100%

I have the Injen CAI and yes, it is the best intake imo.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:25 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tCluvr
He's asking about an intake and the Unichip, NOT a $5K modification. Big difference.
your right, my bad. I use tapatalk on iphone and I just read another thread talking about a turbo, mixed the two up. Still stands though, small mods are alright, but the bigger mods are risky. I am in alaska, we have no tc crowd here, so I never heard any intakes or anything locally.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have an injen cai for sale if ur interested