Scion tC 2G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications

Descendant tC2 Turbo Video

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 12:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Rob_DESCENDANT
In theory yes, but a good engine builder would tell you its all in the tuning.

For example...our best & most power full 4 cylinder race motors run 13:1 compression on methanol @ 80psi of boost.

Thats pretty redic! Just curious - made great power at 8 psi
Old 10-23-2010, 02:19 AM
5 Year Member

For example...our best & most power full 4 cylinder race motors run 13:1 compression on methanol @ 80psi of boost.
Hey thats what i said lol.. like i said someone can blow a engine on 1 psi..so its all in the tune and i believe you guys to be some of the best of the best in tuning and building can not wait for the other parts you guys are going to make..hint hint burnt tip TI turboback exhaust *wink wink*
Old 10-23-2010, 02:23 AM
5 Year Member

OMG 80psi SWEET lol

Old 10-23-2010, 02:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

whats up with the side mount intercooler? cant fit up front?
Old 10-23-2010, 11:44 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by chintastictc
whats up with the side mount intercooler? cant fit up front?
tC2 kit has side mount or front mount option.

I'll post pictures soon.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

tC2 kit has side mount or front mount option.

I'll post pictures soon.
cool...cuz a front mount would look sick on these....im considering getting one of these or an 07 sti....leaning more towards the sti tho lol
Old 10-25-2010, 06:26 PM
5 Year Member

cool...cuz a front mount would look sick on these....im considering getting one of these or an 07 sti....leaning more towards the sti tho lol
if you can afford the sti there should be no thinking go sti all the way but if your lookin for something that other sti's and evo's and suck will come up next to you and think your slow and you smoke them watching there face expression is priceless im goin to pick one of these just becuz i wanna be different and have something tht many people think itsnt turboed just so i can blow there doors off imo..im tell u rite now though subbies run into alot broken issues and boost leaks my cuzin owns a heavy modded wrx and everyother week something is coming off or being fixed but there great cars when they working fine.. if u have no need for awd then get the tc and just limited boost in the 1st&2nd gear with the boost box and ull be fine

Last edited by rwdjones07; 10-26-2010 at 05:40 PM.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:58 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here is some pictures of both of the new 2011 Scion tC DESCENDANT Turbo kit intercooler set-up's.

Stealth Side mount intercooler
Name:  side1.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  77.1 KB
Name:  side.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  54.2 KB

Front Mount Intercooler

Name:  FMIC-1.jpg
Views: 726
Size:  73.1 KB
Name:  fmic1.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  68.0 KB
Name:  fmic2.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  65.5 KB

For now, we will be offering both versions of new 2011 Scion tC turbo kit. We feel this should satisfy almost all desires until the CARB version of the kit is released.

For more details please call us at:

WORLD Racing / DESCENDANT
Old 10-26-2010, 11:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that looks great
Old 10-26-2010, 12:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rwdjones07
im tell u rite now though subbies run into alot broken issues and boost leaks my cuzin owns a heavy modded wrx and everyother week something is coming off or being fixed
No offense, but this is probably your "cuzin's" fault. Unless your making 380whp on stock pistons there shouldn't be a problem with anything in those cars. With quality parts there shouldn't be a problem. At all. Unless you are making big power.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:32 PM
5 Year Member

Here is some pictures of both of the new 2011 Scion tC DESCENDANT Turbo kit intercooler set-up's.

Stealth Side mount intercooler

Front Mount Intercooler

For now, we will be offering both versions of new 2011 Scion tC turbo kit. We feel this should satisfy almost all desires until the CARB version of the kit is released.

For more details please call us at:

WORLD Racing / DESCENDANT
Anyone heat soak from the side mount and wats the core on the front mount and hp rating on the fmic can this one handle 600hp without major soak im not going for 600 but i want breathing room im lookin for 460-70whp when im all done and happy but that front mouth looks like it just belongs there lol scion shouldve made it factory lol with that mean looking front it screaming boost!!! Great Job
Old 10-26-2010, 05:36 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by bdis3
No offense, but this is probably your "cuzin's" fault. Unless your making 380whp on stock pistons there shouldn't be a problem with anything in those cars. With quality parts there shouldn't be a problem. At all. Unless you are making big power.
oo believe me there the best parts..and i havent met anyone that doesnt have problems all the time with there subbie.like i said there never huge issues..but hey its his car not mine lol subbies are just tempermental one day they like something next they dont..but hey it all love and war with boosted cars anyway

Edit:and he never listens to me anyway lol itll break good enough soon and he'll listen he just always trying keep up with me and my mr2 lol which will never happen
Old 10-26-2010, 05:41 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

That side mount has to be more limited in power no? what are the flow raties on hp for each IC?
Old 10-27-2010, 09:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice...sorry if this was asked already but, what are you guys tuning the tC with? What engine management?
Old 10-27-2010, 05:26 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice...sorry if this was asked already but, what are you guys tuning the tC with? What engine management?
AEM FIC with PNP harness adapter
Old 10-27-2010, 05:30 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by highvoltage1
That side mount has to be more limited in power no? what are the flow raties on hp for each IC?
Yes, the side mount intercooler core is rated a lower than the front mount intercooler core due to size & depth.

From Spearco, the side mount core is estimated to cool 400 WHP where as the front mount core is rated 500WHP...either way perfect for street / strip use.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

IMO the side mount would be my preferred choice so long as the air flow to it was not blocked. A vertical flow intercooler is more efficient than a horizontal flow and one that has air traveling twice the full length of the core.

That side mount has to provide some great spool.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:12 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by DezodDon
IMO the side mount would be my preferred choice so long as the air flow to it was not blocked. A vertical flow intercooler is more efficient than a horizontal flow and one that has air traveling twice the full length of the core.

That side mount has to provide some great spool.
but the heat soak on this on a side mount has to be crazy coming from a turbo mr2 i no all bout heat soak itll be fine for every now and then boost pulls but beating on it the way its supposed to be would fill tht poor lil intercooler with heat soak and will cut power and fall off of power real quick fmic ftw side mount for side day tracking not even drag will hold the kind soak we talking bout just look at wats goin on in the world today with the weather u never no when its goin 80degrees out here no more or when its goin be humid just think bout real world things fmic would be best and always best unless ur goin for super sleeper job then u need to keep ur boc from goin off
Old 10-28-2010, 06:14 AM
5 Year Member

rob is it a b.o.v or b.p.v and is it a tial wastegate extrenal and what flange for the turbo and what kinda upgraded turbos are we looking i really lookin into borg warner turbos im running one on my mr2 rite now
Old 10-28-2010, 06:00 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rwdjones07
rob is it a b.o.v or b.p.v and is it a tial wastegate extrenal and what flange for the turbo and what kinda upgraded turbos are we looking i really lookin into borg warner turbos im running one on my mr2 rite now
1st off, no heat soak because the wheel well is designed to have air relief which allows consistent air flow.

Bosch BPV included with the kits however there are a bunch of different replacement BOV's for that unit. We include the Bosch piece because is standard on a 911 Porsche :-)

Quick Reply: Descendant tC2 Turbo Video