Notices
Scion tC 2G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications

Turboing the RS8 with A/T

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 04:14 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Turboing the RS8 with A/T

This thread is primarily to get some info out of Mr. Dezod. I just bought a 2013 RS8 model with the A/T transmission and paddle shifters. I know everyone says don't boost an auto but i really like the look and numbers out of the dezod kit. Basically, will the auto stand up ok with the kit? Should i add an auto tranny cooler to be safe? Considering I'm going to be paying for the car for the next 5 years, I would like to keep it as unbroken as possible. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Basically ask yourself this, can you afford to have car because you destroyed your transmission running too much power on a car you're financing? If the answer is no, then don't boost.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:43 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by draxcaliber
Basically ask yourself this, can you afford to have car because you destroyed your transmission running too much power on a car you're financing? If the answer is no, then don't boost.
I'm not exactly sure you answered any of my technical questions? I appreciate the outside perspective on how I should approach, but I was looking for more of the parts/precaution end of things.
Old 08-02-2013, 06:13 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by pfdumigan
This thread is primarily to get some info out of Mr. Dezod. I just bought a 2013 RS8 model with the A/T transmission and paddle shifters. I know everyone says don't boost an auto but i really like the look and numbers out of the dezod kit. Basically, will the auto stand up ok with the kit? Should i add an auto tranny cooler to be safe? Considering I'm going to be paying for the car for the next 5 years, I would like to keep it as unbroken as possible. Any help would be appreciated.
Speaking as a fellow RS 8.0 owner I understand you when it comes to the styling of our cars. From what I've read here those that have boosted an auto transmission have opted for the cooler. I have a manual so I have more options. On YouTube there are a couple of RS 7.0 that are auto and running boosted both with cooler and not. I don't know if the transmission for the 8.0 was beefed up because of the paddle shifters, I'd hope so considering scion is marketing a sporty coupe. Hit up dezod they would be a great place to start since they are the only ones that have stated their kit will work on both transmissions. You can hit up Ptuning as well they are very knowledgable and give great advice. I am probably not going to keep my RS 8.0 and have one more year on the lease before I can get into something new. I don't know where you live but I'm in Teaneck car only has 36xx miles.
Old 08-02-2013, 06:22 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by pfdumigan
Honestly, depends on how it's driven. If you are beating on it all the time, don't expect it to last.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:43 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

You have 5 years left to pay it off? How about skip the mods and instead pay off the car.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:23 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TheQuietThings
You have 5 years left to pay it off? How about skip the mods and instead pay off the car.
Thanks Super Moderator, but I didn't join these boards for internet financial advice. Could we stay on topic?
Old 08-02-2013, 08:25 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Sure, we can stay on topic. Sure. Search. This has been covered before.

LOCKED.