Notices
Scion tC 2G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

2014 Rattles/Squeaks/Noises Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 01:19 AM
5 Year Member

Default 2014 Rattles/Squeaks/Noises Thread

I am not sure if there's many new 2014 Scion TC owners yet but I want to start a thread to point out some noise issues (if you came across any).

If there are, let us know where it is coming from and a solution for it.

The first issue that I have is a noise coming from behind the driver seat (back passenger area)...I hear squeaks every time I go over a bump. I can't really tell where it is coming from. Anyone have this problem yet?

Second issue is the roof rattle which there's a thread on already. It appears to be a problem for previous models as well. I plan on getting it fixed after the winter....I will be still under warranty at that time.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:16 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah they have to fix your sunroof rattle. i just recently got it fixed on mine by taking to my dealer. its free of course if the car is newer than 2 years thanks to the warranty.
Old 11-16-2013, 11:25 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Is there a link to the tsb so I can print it off and take it to Toyota (no scion dealership near by) and have them fix it?
Old 11-16-2013, 03:10 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i don't think there is such a thing as a scion dealership yet - its all Toyota still.
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...=216950&page=3
lots of good info on that issue in that thread. someone posted a pic of a dealer summary on what they did. you can use that.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:15 PM
SL Member

As someone said, tc is a cheap car and of course it will make noises and rattles etc. Of course we can fix it all but it will cost us time more then money still most of the cars are still under the warranty. Im leasing mine, and not planing on keeping it. So kinda not really fixing anything since it doesnt worth my time. But its all up to, those my 5 cents.
Old 11-17-2013, 03:01 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i do not think its a cheap car. it's no lexus but it is more expensive than most corolla options and should not be making rattles like a 10 year old car.
Old 11-17-2013, 07:50 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Newman
i do not think its a cheap car. it's no lexus but it is more expensive than most corolla options and should not be making rattles like a 10 year old car.
its made of cheap plastic inside and tons of drivers said about those rattles. I would understand if there would b one car or few but seems like its all of them. and for the money it costs here (in LA,CA) I could add a little more and get lets say a basic WRX or at least Altima which are better. The only reason I ended up with tc because I didnt have much options to chose and payments were just right. But again that's me. Lots of drivers here fixed up their cars and happy with them.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:50 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have the similar rattle that is on the drivers side, right behind my ear. Very annoying, so far I've narrowed it down to something within the headliner as if I apply pressure in some areas it stops.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:37 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have also found a faint rattle of the passenger seat when no one is in it. brought it up to Toyota and they said that it was normal for the car and they can do nothing about it. at least they took the time to investigate the noise thoroughly.

they also fixed my sunroof rattle, but my fix was different from others' so i wonder if it will last. all they had to do on mine is re-adjust the glass of the roof and lube some of the components. did stop the very loud crashing noise it made over large bumps.
Old 11-19-2013, 04:01 AM

I have the roof rattle as well and I plan on getting that fixed when I take it in for a tire rotation. It is nice to know this fix will be for free.

I also have some rattling on the dash in the center. It seems like it is in the center vents because when I push on it, the rattle stops. Doesn't happen that often but pretty annoying when it does.
Old 11-19-2013, 04:33 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

it is important to note that even for my simple fix, they took nearly a week to do it. as in my car was at the dealer for almost 7 days. they did give me a corolla S loaner after the first day though so it was not that bad. but i think that depends on the dealership, not Toyota themselves.

if you go n for a fix, be sure to leave ample time because your car may be there for several days.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:07 PM
5 Year Member

what exactly did u tell dealer for sunroof rattle i went to dealer and explain the rattle noise but didnt do anything