Notices
Scion tC 2G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Interior led on door sill and by feet

Old 04-08-2015, 06:35 PM

Default Interior led on door sill and by feet

Hello all. I have a 2013 that with the factory lit door sills that can change colors. It did not come with the foot lights. My question is, can I buy just the lights for the peddle area from the factory? Will aftermarket lights work with the factory button?

Also, and i'm sure this has been spoken about countless times. But what aftermarket double din dvd players work for our car? Anyone have some photos? I've tried searching and can't find a definitive answer.

Thanks much guys
Old 04-10-2015, 10:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jonnyd83
Hello all. I have a 2013 that with the factory lit door sills that can change colors. It did not come with the foot lights. My question is, can I buy just the lights for the peddle area from the factory? Will aftermarket lights work with the factory button?

Also, and i'm sure this has been spoken about countless times. But what aftermarket double din dvd players work for our car? Anyone have some photos? I've tried searching and can't find a definitive answer.

Thanks much guys
Don't know about the factory foot lights, but I just bought some from eBay, and wired up the power to an add a circuit and plugged that into my fuse box (google add-a-circuit).

As far as stereo's double din is the size, and you just need to go on to eBay or amazon, get a wiring harness and mounting kit for our tc's, should be about 10-15 bucks total. wire that up to the harness that comes with the stereo and bingo, your set.

The steering wheel controls won't work unless you get a metra axxess aswc-1 steering wheel control adapter (google it).

Good luck
Old 04-11-2015, 02:09 AM

I want the leds to work only when the dome light is on. If I wire my led's with a add a circuit to the fuse that is for the dome light will they only work when the dome is on? If not has anyone wired led's to come on when the door is opened?
Old 04-11-2015, 11:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jonnyd83
I want the leds to work only when the dome light is on. If I wire my led's with a add a circuit to the fuse that is for the dome light will they only work when the dome is on? If not has anyone wired led's to come on when the door is opened?
If you want it to only work when the dome light is on, just splice into the power wire for the dome and run them together. I personally wired mine to my ignition so that way they won't rob power when the car is turned off, and so that I can have them lit while driving. I have the lit door sills as well, and you probably could wire them together, however if using aftermarkets it will not change colors the same that it will with the factory ones. The factory ones are also quite dim in comparison to after market SMD LEDS.
Old 04-12-2015, 03:54 PM

Anyone know where the power wire is for dome light?