Notices
Scion tC 2G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

My Review of the OEM Audio + Reference 400CF System

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 09:14 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

should be fine. in general most Pioneer HU will be good.

i got an AVH4300DVD n I was the first test car they used with an aftermarket HU, everything was perfect.

really, anything will work. but additional tuning is recommended to optimize the audio quality. just let them know during purchase
Old 01-17-2013, 03:01 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Daniel replied to my email.

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for reaching out!

We currently do not have a validated EQ for the Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS (This radio has a different radio output then your factory unit).

We refine each system based on the acoustics of the vehicle and to function with each radio in harmony. We are however in the stages of validating the Pioneer aftermarket radios, though no official date is set for when this tailored EQ will be available.
I told him to contact me once it is validated.

I'm not in a hurry to buy this kit anyway as I have other things to mod on my car, mostly esthetic and performance. The OEM speakers are still pretty good compared to many other OEM out there. I just can't stand this stock Pioneer head unit anymore! Wish I hadn't paid for the Bongiovi addon. I've learned from experience.

I will install the AVH-X5500BHS this spring and get used to the setup with OEM speakers. When I'll want more, I'll know where to look.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

wish i could afford the unit, i would buy it in a heartbeat!
Old 02-27-2013, 10:05 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have 2 questions.

1-will I need to sound proof my tC if I want this system installed (I don't want my trunk or license plate to rattle)

2-I currently have the stock pioneer system, but if I decide to upgrade will it be an easy plug and play or is professional tuning required?

Thanks
Old 02-27-2013, 10:18 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh and one last question what is the difference between the standard vs the premium pioneer head unit in the 2013 tC? Does the premium one actually give better sound quality even though the speakers are the same or is it just fancier because it is touch screen?
Old 02-27-2013, 02:33 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DermalsNmohawks
I have 2 questions.

1-will I need to sound proof my tC if I want this system installed (I don't want my trunk or license plate to rattle)

2-I currently have the stock pioneer system, but if I decide to upgrade will it be an easy plug and play or is professional tuning required?

Thanks
1. no you don't have to. nothing will rattle. but people have said that if u do it sounds better...but as i said, if ur main goal is to not have things rattle, ur fine as-is.

2. the system is plug in play. as long as you get the head unit you can install easy...everything will be simple and easy. as far as tuning, you should be fine but u can always contact OEM+ directly if they would recommend any adjustments. their CS is outstanding.

Oh and one last question what is the difference between the standard vs the premium pioneer head unit in the 2013 tC? Does the premium one actually give better sound quality even though the speakers are the same or is it just fancier because it is touch screen?
its mainly fancier because its touch screen

if you're very interested in getting a set, shoot me a PM and I can get you in touch with the right people at OEM to make it happen.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:58 PM

Does anyone know if you can get just the subwoofer enclosure from OEM?
Old 02-27-2013, 08:36 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

as of this time. no...u need the whole kit

also its recommended to get the whole kit because the amp, cf speakers, and sub works together to optimize the audio experience
Old 02-27-2013, 09:26 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

If anyone is free (and in the SoCal) Friday night on March 8, 2013 at 8:00 PM

SL link here: https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=216181
FB link here: http://www.facebook.com/events/490968230938519/?ref=14

there will be an ALL tC2 Meet & Greet in Anaheim, CA

Last time we had this event we were fortunate enough to have OEM Audio + attend and bring out the then brand new RS8.0.

Well for this year I have invited them again and was work out a special deal exclusively for this tC2 Meet & Greet.

For only those who attend, you can get receive a promotional price on the complete Reference 400CF Upgrade for our tC2s! All you have to do is message Daniel La Blanc and then come out to the event! (dlablanc@oemaudioplus.com)

Just doing what I can to get a much tC2 owners to come out and make this an epic meet & greet!

Last edited by KidJustin; 02-27-2013 at 10:30 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you guys have one of these events sometime again in the summer and oem+ is there with deal going on then I'm willing to drive down from British Columbia.

Ps please give me at least a month and a half notice
Old 02-27-2013, 11:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Too bad Alaska doesn't have cool meets like your states. I'm like one of 5 scion tc2's I've seen and they kind of just drive around lol. One hot chic though... Mmm
Old 02-28-2013, 12:15 AM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

If you guys have one of these events sometime again in the summer and oem+ is there with deal going on then I'm willing to drive down from British Columbia.

Ps please give me at least a month and a half notice
this meet has actually been up for a while now...but i just barely got this deal locked in.

bad timing

but either way...i gave u the contact and just tell them its from me. they should help u out
Old 05-03-2013, 04:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Great review! I got mine like 2 months ago and I love it! My wallet hates me now because of it tho