Notices
Scion tC 2G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

oem audio + setting suggestions?

Old 05-10-2015, 03:26 AM

Default oem audio + setting suggestions?

Hi. I'm new to the forums. I have 2013 TC and recently installed the oem audio + system in my car. I have the standard head unit. I've been trying to get it tuned to my liking. The recommended natural setting sounded pretty flat. Most music sounds great and the speakers are clear but with heavy bass like hip hop, dubstep type stuff the sub seems lacking. I can hear it thud in the back rather than it sounding clear. Also physically can't really feel it. On drawn out bass lines it sounds like it stops early. I've tried multiple settings but just can't seem to get it right. Wondering if anyone else who has this system has had issues or has any suggestions on specific settings.

Thanks
Old 05-10-2015, 03:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I set mine up with rock\mids type music on the Hear setting with treble all the way up and bass 3 clicks down from all the way up. My sub is about 3\4 level with a separate remote level control.

That gives the stock component speakers treble and mids duty and lets the sub handle lows. When I really want to listen to rap\hip-hop I simply hit the Feel setting. No other adjustment needed and the speakers aren't strained.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Have you tried tuning the sub from the amp versus just from the head unit, most amps are set pretty low from the factory. This should optimize your bass settings and then further be able to tune from the radio. I usually turn my radio up to as loud as I would listen to a heavy bass song and set amp accordingly, then adjust bass, mid, and trebs from the radio for normal listening. This way it keeps you from possibly frying the sub in jam out sessions. Hope this helps.