Notices
Scion tC 2G ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Redline boots

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 02:43 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Redline boots

Got my redline shift and e-brake boot today. Installed those suckers and I'm in love !
Attached Thumbnails Redline boots-img_1731.jpg  
Old 07-25-2013, 01:12 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Anyone know where I could get a replacement bezel ring that goes around the boot?

If you look closely in the pic, it is broke.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:43 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Update!

Here is an update on the Redline product I just bought.

I originally had the shift boot and e-brake boot. Now, I have installed the armrest cover with padding on the center console.

Feels very nice with padding and the leather is awesome!
Attached Thumbnails Redline boots-img_1819.jpg   Redline boots-img_1821.jpg  
Old 08-14-2013, 09:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Zero90
Here is an update on the Redline product I just bought.

I originally had the shift boot and e-brake boot. Now, I have installed the armrest cover with padding on the center console.

Feels very nice with padding and the leather is awesome!

specify how you ordered that padded arm rest, is that the extra padding. etc, what exactly did you order, because i want one. it looks to be much more comfortable than the hard plastic that i despise.

http://www.redlinegoods.com/Padding.php

is it the comfortable, or extremely comfortable? i am assuming you chose this

Our padding comes in two versions

6/8" thick - REALLY COMFORTABLE. We guarantee that you will enjoy the difference from your stock armrest! There is one layer of foam making sure you will never have to rub your sore elbow again!We recommend this for all applications where the stock armrest has the top surface which is rock-hard plastic.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:59 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I actually chose the 6/8" padded rest. Its actually very comfy. I'm sure that the extra padded one that is 1 1/8" is a lot more comfy, but it would be a little more higher as well, and I wanted short and comfy padding, so I chose the 6/8". Thats just my opinion though.

As for the leather, I chose NAPPA LEATHER: BLACK as primary and added stripes with SOLID LEATHER: LIGHT GRAY.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:01 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I actually chose the 6/8" padded rest. Its actually very comfy. I'm sure that the extra padded one that is 1 1/8" is a lot more comfy, but it would be a little more higher as well, and I wanted short and comfy padding, so I chose the 6/8". Thats just my opinion though.

As for the leather, I chose NAPPA LEATHER: BLACK as primary and added stripes with SOLID LEATHER: LIGHT GRAY.
in your opinion do you feel the black matches the plastics grey color? i may order all black. i have clazzio's but i'd rather have the arm color match our plastics as stock.
nvm, reading the little chart
http://www.redlinegoods.com/clrchart.php?frames=N

napa black is probably the best color to match the plastic interior yeah? whats the difference between perforated napa black and black, like, would perforated stay cooler to the touch?
Old 08-14-2013, 10:05 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin
in your opinion do you feel the black matches the plastics grey color? i may order all black. i have clazzio's but i'd rather have the arm color match our plastics as stock.
In my opinion it looks just fine, at least with black nappa leather, which is 30% more.

I'm also debating on buying the clazzio leather seats but I'm not sure if they will match with redline products. I'm most likely going to get black leather seats all around with grey stitching or something.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Debating on black thread or color matching with interior.. mmm.. probably straight napa black. i have black and grey clazzio's i'd show you but icannot find a picture and my car is at dealership. hold on i posted pics on this forum somewhere
Old 08-14-2013, 10:18 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin
Debating on black thread or color matching with interior.. mmm.. probably straight napa black. i have black and grey clazzio's i'd show you but icannot find a picture and my car is at dealership. hold on i posted pics on this forum somewhere
I actually chose the contrasting stitching. Looks good to me.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:21 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I only have pic showing my heated seat button :/ but here's my colors
yeah your car looks really nice, nice enough to motivate me to buy a cover, plus it hurts my elbow, 10k miles now and i just cant get use to how hard it is.

): its 90 dollars for arm pad, with 6/8 padding in nappa black and shipped.
damn thats a lot. but.. i bet it'd be worth it. how much more comfortable is it?. do you think perforated would be better for hot/cold days or do you think it wouldnt matter, (because leather gets hold and cold)

debating on alcantra or nappa leather.. nvm i guess alcantra is like suede, eff that

Last edited by FreedomPenguin; 08-14-2013 at 10:32 PM.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm still debating on the seats. I don't want to get them if they aren't dark enough you know? I want black ones but that can at least match up with the redline stuff. I was planning on getting the perforated ones.

It will definitely put a smile on your face for the ease of comfort. It's so much nicer with the cover and padding.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:39 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm still debating on the seats. I don't want to get them if they aren't dark enough you know? I want black ones but that can at least match up with the redline stuff. I was planning on getting the perforated ones.

It will definitely put a smile on your face for the ease of comfort. It's so much nicer with the cover and padding.

i can show you a comparison picture with your black armrest later.

i have all the samples offered from redline, when i get my car back tomorrow or next day i'll compare a few samples with my cars black clazzio seats if you want.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:43 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Alright, that would be awesome!

I just went on clazzios site and mixed and matched some stuff. Not sure how good of a light gray they have for the inside part of the seats and I chose the genuine leather for the outside with light gray stitching. Not sure what I want though. Probably going to get something like yours but not entirely sure.