Notices
Scion tC 2G Owners Lounge
2011-____ [ANT20]

Is $650 a fair price?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 07:25 PM

Default Is $650 a fair price?

Want to drop my car and so i called one of my local autoshops. They said $650 for an eibach sportline and a camber kit (front only) plus wheels alignment. Driving 2015 Scion tc. Is that a fair or good price? Thanks
Old 03-15-2016, 07:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Does the $650 include cost of parts? Does that include cost of wheel alignment? And why are they only including front camber kit? The rear is where the problem is.
Old 03-15-2016, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by biglilsteve
Does the $650 include cost of parts? Does that include cost of wheel alignment? And why are they only including front camber kit? The rear is where the problem is.
Yes everthing is included in the 650 price (lowering eibach springs, camber front kit, installation and wheels alignment) im not sure im ill surely will ask them about it
Old 03-15-2016, 07:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Springs are around $200
Front camber bolts are around $30
Alignment usually runs around $100

So they are charging ~$300 bucks for installation of the parts. That's up to you to decide if it's worth it or not. I'd call around to other shops. Get a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th opinion from a few other highly rated shops near you.

I installed my springs myself with some buddies, so don't have personal experience on what it costs for a shop to do it.

Don't be afraid to purchase the parts yourself for cheap and take them to a shop for installation. Might save some money that way.

You didn't ask for my opinion on the springs, but I'll give it anyway. When I first lowered my car, it was on Sportlines. They had pretty good ride quality, but were noisy in both the front and rear. The coils of the springs are very close to each other and are not isolated on the fronts. You literally hear a thud as the coils hit each other when going over bumps at low speeds.

I took the Sportlines out and went with Tein S-Tech. The drop is visually identical (Teins are technically 0.1" lower on paper) and now I have zero suspension noise over bumps.
Old 03-15-2016, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by biglilsteve
Springs are around $200
Front camber bolts are around $30
Alignment usually runs around $100

So they are charging ~$300 bucks for installation of the parts. That's up to you to decide if it's worth it or not. I'd call around to other shops. Get a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th opinion from a few other highly rated shops near you.

I installed my springs myself with some buddies, so don't have personal experience on what it costs for a shop to do it.

Don't be afraid to purchase the parts yourself for cheap and take them to a shop for installation. Might save some money that way.

You didn't ask for my opinion on the springs, but I'll give it anyway. When I first lowered my car, it was on Sportlines. They had pretty good ride quality, but were noisy in both the front and rear. The coils of the springs are very close to each other and are not isolated on the fronts. You literally hear a thud as the coils hit each other when going over bumps at low speeds.

I took the Sportlines out and went with Tein S-Tech. The drop is visually identical (Teins are technically 0.1" lower on paper) and now I have zero suspension noise over bumps.
Yeah ill look around for more quotes. I'll probably just do what u did. Install it myself and a buddy of mine who works at a dealership can help me out. Thanks for the input man. Ill look at the tein lowering springs
Old 03-15-2016, 08:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MrPinoy12
Yeah ill look around for more quotes. I'll probably just do what u did. Install it myself and a buddy of mine who works at a dealership can help me out. Thanks for the input man. Ill look at the tein lowering springs
Yeah that's always ideal man. It can be time consuming but you can handle it.

Make sure you don't underestimate the need for adjustable camber in the rear. Take it from a guy who prematurely trashed 2 sets of tires from wear on the inside. And that is still with rotation every 5k miles. Get a pair of rear upper control arms and have them installed at the same time as springs. They will cost you around $230ish. Use the money you'll save by doing the instal yourself .