Notices
Scion tC 2G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Performance Brake Kit Upgrade (Need recommendations)

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 05:26 PM

Question Performance Brake Kit Upgrade (Need recommendations)

Hi,

I want to purchase a performance brake kit for my front brakes. I would have purchased the official TRD Performance brake kit upgrade, however it currently has been recalled and taken out of rotation. Apparently Toyota is working on a solution, however there is a possibility that Toyota might discontinue the product instead of fixing the issue. In case Toyota were to discontinue the TRD brake kit, what are other brake kits that I can get? I don't want to go aftermarket, and want to stay with TRD but I may have to venture outside of Toyota. I really couldnt find any kits with a google search and checking out websties like trdsparks.com. I wanted a brembo brake kit, however those are only for the first generation of the tC. I would like to buy a brake kit, meaning that brake pads, the big red calipers, and the slotted/drilled ceramic rotors, and the brake lines are all included so that I wouldnt have to purchase parts separately from different companies. Id like to just have a one-time purchase of everything for the sake of simplicity. However I would be open to to buying the rotors and calipers separately if that is whats available for the market. Money is not really a problem.

This is my first performance part that I will be buying for my tC, Im not very savvy with buying car parts so I apologize if I sound like a noob. I have a 2014 tC
Old 10-03-2018, 10:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Willwood makes an awesome kit if you're set on going BBK. https://fastscions.com/i-23837995-wi...-2016-tc2.html

I believe Stop Tech makes/made a kit as well.

There are other options but you have to get creative. For an all in one kit that one is pretty awesome.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 10-03-2018 at 11:35 PM.
Old 10-05-2018, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by drizzoh
Willwood makes an awesome kit if you're set on going BBK. https://fastscions.com/i-23837995-wi...-2016-tc2.html

I believe Stop Tech makes/made a kit as well.

There are other options but you have to get creative. For an all in one kit that one is pretty awesome.
Okay thanks. I appreciate your help. I will go with the WIlwood. The black calipers will look great with the black rims and contrast with the white body paint.