Notices
Scion tC 2G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

READ THIS: Rear Camber is off due to lowering springs

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 06:32 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Tc13, after alignment looks pretty good.

I rotate every 5k miles and i drive city and freeway, daily, rarely ever more than 80mph, and always avoid potholes/cracks

my tires are also Falken PT722, which are a very good tire with a long thread lifespan. The quality of the tire also helps from them wearing out too fast
Old 03-06-2014, 06:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok thanks. Hope they last longer now

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-08-2014, 06:55 PM
SL Member

A-RUCA is now available at tbperformanceproducts.com!
Old 03-08-2014, 07:07 PM
SL Member

Name:  ScionTC2CamberkitRearUpperControlarmControlArmA-RUCA.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  81.6 KB
Old 04-11-2014, 05:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I received mine. Great product although package job was really low par. Not to say it needs to be packaged fancy, but it would appear more professional if it were to an extent than just plastic wrapping that you'd use for a sandwich. Even something simpler like newspaper wrapping or the sort which is dirt cheap and hardly weighs anything to not affect the shipping or size of the box.

Will there be an install video?
Old 04-11-2014, 08:58 AM
SL Member

Glad you liked the product so far, and point taken lol I guess we will need to invest some hardcore R&D time in our wrapping lol. As for install instructions or a video we will not be providing them for liability reasons. As per our website, these are products that adjust your alignment and as such they need to be installed by someone who can do an ACCURATE alignment on the vehicle. We here are do it yourselfers but alignments aren't something to do at home without proper tools and or knowledge. Please also be aware that the threads on the rod end will need loctite.

Happy Modding!
Old 04-11-2014, 05:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Is there a lock nut of some sort on the rod end (on the silver nut)? Or is that what the loctite would be used for?
Old 04-11-2014, 08:56 PM
SL Member

Yes if you take a look up at the picture there is a silver lock nut above the neck. The loctite is a preventative measure just in case...This isnt a part you want to have come loose. That is why we are emphasizing the "professional" installation.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How long should you lube this piece since it has 2 inserts?
Old 04-14-2014, 08:51 AM
SL Member

Just lube it as needed. It honestly shouldnt need much but it is there should any squeaking occur. :D
Old 04-14-2014, 09:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I put mine on today and I must say the quality is superb although the fitment is not entirely OEM. This is the first time I had to install a camber arm using external packaged spacers just so it doesn't wobble in place.

Great product though. I will recommend.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:43 PM
SL Member

Here are some updated pictures of the Camber arms we shipped this week! We now have kits in stock. We also threw in a few photos of Megan Racings Camber kit to show you guys the difference between our work and theirs.

GET YOUR TB PERFORMANCE PRODUCTS CAMBER KIT TODAY AT TBPERFORMANCEPRODUCTS.COM 250 Dollars Shipped!

Name:  ScionTC22011-2014CamberArmsCamberControlarmsStanceMeganRacingTBPerformanceProductsScion.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  39.1 KB

Name:  ScionTC22011-2014CamberArmsCamberControlarmsStanceMeganRacingTBPerformanceProductsScion.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  45.2 KB

Views: 261
Size:  39.2 KB

Here is our welds.
Views: 258
Size:  52.2 KB

Here is the Megan Racing "welds"
Views: 226
Size:  67.8 KB

Here you can see a profile of the Megan Racing welds and the casting imperfections on the rod end. Notice that our rod ends are 4130 chromoly with machined housings.
Views: 185
Size:  41.4 KB

GET YOUR TB PERFORMANCE PRODUCTS CAMBER KIT TODAY AT TBPERFORMANCEPRODUCTS.COM 250 Dollars Shipped!
Old 09-07-2014, 05:53 PM

you can just take the factory springs and trim them down to the correct height for each individual shock that would be the easiest way to go or you could just realize that a TC is a heavy car, not made for performance and then realize that in that case you need to make it made for performance such as the weight, make sure you take in the difference on weight, you should be able to know which side of your car has the most weight so reduce, you can trim the after market lower springs but to be honest with you if you don't have a camber kit with shocks and lowering springs that are made specifically for that shock, ya this sucks but this is one of the perks of owning a TC you can choose between the lowering springs that range from 50-200 dollars and pretty much slam the ____ out of your car but then you face the reality of losing a shock or more than one shock while driving on the highway, or you can do it the right way and buy the camber kit which yes is $1000 but will be well worth it in the long run, will last longer, has a warranty, doesn't have a chance of popping off and shooting into your wheel well like a rocket (personal experience), and will just all out look better, if you are looking for "stance" your gonna be a saggy **** with just lowering springs, if you want stance the only way to go unfortunately is with the camber kit. There are some things that are out there called "camber bushings" that you need when you have after market lowering springs I would check those out too
Old 10-13-2015, 01:46 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok, after reading all 12 pages of this I haven't seen anything to suggest that there is any way to even the camber from one side to another. I'm really not bothered by the fact that there is camber, as long as it's the same on both sides and I REALLY don't see why I should have to buy aftermarket parts to make my car do what it should be capable of from the factory ...

So my question is, did Scion ever actually fix this problem?
Old 10-13-2015, 04:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JordanOfGilead
Ok, after reading all 12 pages of this I haven't seen anything to suggest that there is any way to even the camber from one side to another. I'm really not bothered by the fact that there is camber, as long as it's the same on both sides and I REALLY don't see why I should have to buy aftermarket parts to make my car do what it should be capable of from the factory ...

So my question is, did Scion ever actually fix this problem?
Yup the only way to even the camber is if you purchase the TB or Megan RUCAs. Not sure if TB is still selling theirs. But Megan is readily available.

Toyota hasn't corrected this, assuming because they don't see it as a problem.
Old 10-13-2015, 04:10 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

There weren't any on the TB website. That's kinda bull____ that I would have to buy aftermarket parts just to get their car to sit right with the TRD springs that they, the ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT MANUFACTURER, sell.

Oh well I guess. I've used megan equipment on my civics before without any problems, it just ____es me off that I am forced to modify my car with aftermarket, non-oem parts if I want it to be aligned properly.

-Edit-
It doesn't help my attitude that I'm learning this the day after I was informed that it is impossible to install the interior ambient light kit offered from the manufacturer (which I ordered) without also having the illuminated door trim pieces (which I did not order) installed.
All of that on top of the paint being insanely thin is starting to really make me question scion's products.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JordanOfGilead
There weren't any on the TB website. That's kinda bull____ that I would have to buy aftermarket parts just to get their car to sit right with the TRD springs that they, the ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT MANUFACTURER, sell.

Oh well I guess. I've used megan equipment on my civics before without any problems, it just ____es me off that I am forced to modify my car with aftermarket, non-oem parts if I want it to be aligned properly.

-Edit-
It doesn't help my attitude that I'm learning this the day after I was informed that it is impossible to install the interior ambient light kit offered from the manufacturer (which I ordered) without also having the illuminated door trim pieces (which I did not order) installed.
All of that on top of the paint being insanely thin is starting to really make me question scion's products.
I hear you on everything you just said. The paint has ____ed me off from day one and made me really regret getting a dark color. My car has a ton of rattles now a days too which is a bit annoying. Would never buy another scion product again. Just happy the Toyota power train has been generally bulletproof for the almost 80k miles I've the car since new.
Old 10-14-2015, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Camber being off by means of excessive lower exists with all cars. Honda nor Toyoda provide adjustments to the camber with the OEM parts that are installed stock onto the vehicles. TRD is not made by Toyota but instead by aftermarket third party with a TRD label. Toyota and Honda only design their cars to spec and that's it.

If you want to alter things beyond that then that's not of their concern.
Old 10-14-2015, 05:12 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am altering it with products provided by Toyota. I don't give a ____ who manufactures TRD equipment, as soon as Toyota puts their name on it they are responsible for it. Toyota doesn't "manufacture" most of the equipment, if you want to get technical, but TRD equipment is made by what would be considered an OEM supplier.
I work for an OEM supplier that provides to several automotive companies and if any of our equipment didn't meet their final design specifications, there would be hell to pay.

It is an outrage that the manufacturer supplies equipment to be installed by dealerships that they know doesn't meet their own quality specifications. How the hell can they get away with that?
Old 10-14-2015, 06:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Regardless of all that...the camber issue exists with the stock suspension anyway. Just exaggerated when the car is lowered.

Quick Reply: READ THIS: Rear Camber is off due to lowering springs