Notices
Scion tC 2G Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

XTEC Auto Accessories - Would NOT recommend

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 12:00 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default XTEC Auto Accessories - Would NOT recommend

At the beginning of January I had found a company called Xtec Auto Accessories who manufactured RUCAs for our cars.
Stoked, I immediately sent $315 to the company and waited to hear back from them in regards to a lead time/ETA.
A week later, I emailed them requesting information and did not receive a response. 3 weeks later, I emailed again and still did not receive a response.

After not hearing from the company, I reached out to PayPal customer service for assistance. They attempted contacting him via phone and email to no avail. I was advised that if I did not hear from the seller within 72 hours to put the sale into claims.

10 days after it was put into claims, he responded and seemed shocked that I had not yet received the control arms. At this point, I asked for a tracking number.

No surprise here but I never received a tracking number or response.

I eventually put the claim into disputes and received an email today that PayPal will be refunding me the $315.

I am not posting this to cause drama but merely to notify all other tC2 owners of a poor experience with a company who makes parts for our cars so they are aware.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Good write up. What clowns...
Old 03-12-2014, 01:18 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's been very well known throughout the Scion community that Xtec was nothing but a huge scam. Sorry you didn't hear about them before this whole issue.

Tbh I am pretty surprised you actually got some kind of response from him, the guy behind all of it basically fell off the face of the earth in early 2013.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:33 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SkillFreeJake
It's been very well known throughout the Scion community that Xtec was nothing but a huge scam. Sorry you didn't hear about them before this whole issue.

Tbh I am pretty surprised you actually got some kind of response from him, the guy behind all of it basically fell off the face of the earth in early 2013.
Another SL member said the same thing on an Instagram post I had made. I had never heard of the company before and I figured I would just post it on here as well in case anyone wasn't informed. I'm happy I got my money back though since it was done through PayPal and I managed to snag a pair of camber arms through TB Performance.
Old 03-13-2014, 02:45 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Xtec is not a real company.
Old 03-13-2014, 03:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by KidJustin
Xtec is not a real company.

They do accept monies for goods therefore they are some sort of business.
Thanks for that patronizing insight though!
Old 03-13-2014, 04:06 PM
SL Member

shannonh0lm, Kid means no disrespect, he's just refering to fact Xtec is bogus. They do accept money, but they actually have to give you something to be a legit business. ;)
I dealt with a former SL member that was tied to Xtec (or was Xtec) and he gave me and bunch of other folks the same type of run around. "Oh I sent that, you haven't gotten it yet?" It wasn't until I threatened to pull the Paypal payment that I finally got a tracking number and my part. Sorry to hear their site is still up and they are still scaming people.

Here's another example:
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...highlight=Xtec
Old 03-13-2014, 06:25 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by blktc2
shannonh0lm, Kid means no disrespect, he's just refering to fact Xtec is bogus. They do accept money, but they actually have to give you something to be a legit business. ;)
I dealt with a former SL member that was tied to Xtec (or was Xtec) and he gave me and bunch of other folks the same type of run around. "Oh I sent that, you haven't gotten it yet?" It wasn't until I threatened to pull the Paypal payment that I finally got a tracking number and my part. Sorry to hear their site is still up and they are still scaming people.

Here's another example:
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...highlight=Xtec
I never said they were a legitimate business given the poor review I gave them. Obviously I should've referred to them as a fraudulent business since things are taken too literally.

I can't imagine his website being taken down unless he stops paying for it.
Old 03-14-2014, 02:47 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

no it's seriously not a real company. there might be an "Xtec" somewhere in the world but that website is not real at all...its setup to be real but if you trace back all of its sources it goes back to one guy, who is not that company nor the owner. he just created the website, setup a business paypal account (which is easy to do without much verification needed), connected the two and scaming money
Old 03-14-2014, 08:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by KidJustin
no it's seriously not a real company. there might be an "Xtec" somewhere in the world but that website is not real at all...its setup to be real but if you trace back all of its sources it goes back to one guy, who is not that company nor the owner. he just created the website, setup a business paypal account (which is easy to do without much verification needed), connected the two and scaming money
Well unfortunately for whoever this kid is when you set up a PayPal account as a seller and you do not provide the goods you say you are going to, the money gets refunded to the buyer.
Old 03-15-2014, 04:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had an excellent experience with Xtec. I purchased a pair of CCFL halos from them. One of them didn't work, so they promptly sent me a free replacement.

Old 03-17-2014, 01:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by biglilsteve
I had an excellent experience with Xtec. I purchased a pair of CCFL halos from them. One of them didn't work, so they promptly sent me a free replacement.

Glad to hear it.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:18 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

lol steven, you damn well know its cause you got it early on when this kid was actually trying to make the company look legit by actually make a few orders. part of the lucky bunch, but that's well and done with.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

come on man don't knock a brutha for practicing his tr0ll sk1llz