Notices
Scion xA Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Driver's side mirror for 2006 XA

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 03:15 PM

Default Driver's side mirror for 2006 XA

So yesterday my Xa decided to take a trip on its own and ended up rolling backwards down a driveway. Had the brake set, but apparently I didn't have it all the way in gear. She ended up in some woods and just narrowly missed A LOT of damage as there were several big trees around and the car got hung up in some scrub brush. The only casualty was the driver's side mirror; the mirror caught a large pole on the way down the driveway. Most of the mirror assembly is busted up, the only thing unscathed is the silver part that matches my car, apparently it just popped off when the mirror was pushed back. I've been looking around for a replacement mirror but so far I haven't had much luck. So, does anyone have one just laying around that could be sold for fairly reasonably? Or, do any of you have any recommendations for aftermarket mirrors? I'd be willing to get a completely different set if it ends up being more cost efficient.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:12 PM

Default Mirror

Look on motors.ebay.com you'll have luck there!
Old 11-24-2008, 08:54 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

contact the guys at trdsparks.com they usually have a good price
Old 11-26-2008, 10:29 PM

Default Re: Mirror

Originally Posted by XAPRIME
Look on motors.ebay.com you'll have luck there!
No luck at all, I had searched ebay quite thoroughly before posting here. I have a friend in another car club and his has so many members that random parts are coming and going like crazy. There is still nothing useful that I can find on ebay. Lots of mirror glass, but it's the whole assembly that I need, not just the glass.

Also, I did contact the guys at trdsparks and have not had much luck there either as of yet.

Are there any good aftermarket mirrors that you all would suggest or recommend? Or will tc or xb mirrors work without a lot of hassle? As usual there are more hits for tc or xb parts.
Old 11-28-2008, 03:51 AM
5 Year Member

I've knocked my mirror off backing into my carport and I called around to all the junkyards and had no luck.... I ended up duct taping it and ordered the replacement from scion parts people... you just request the part and it comes in factory colors... they will send you an email with the code... and you can plug it in and see how much it costs... but it was not cheap (but cheaper than dealership), but I couldn't stand seeing the mirror like that
Old 11-28-2008, 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by zonra7e
I've knocked my mirror off backing into my carport and I called around to all the junkyards and had no luck.... I ended up duct taping it and ordered the replacement from scion parts people... you just request the part and it comes in factory colors... they will send you an email with the code... and you can plug it in and see how much it costs... but it was not cheap (but cheaper than dealership), but I couldn't stand seeing the mirror like that
Mine was shattered and dangling by the wires, there wasn't much left to duct tape so we just got the rest of the casing off around the electronic parts and taped the wires up against the door there. It scares me silly to drive without a mirror though, so I have to find something very very soon! I've been looking at a whole new set of mirrors for both sides, but I haven't found any that say they're specifically for XAs. I'll check with the scion parts people, i've poked around their website before. thanks!