Notices
Scion xA Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Headlight Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 11:48 PM

Default Headlight Help!!

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry if I annoy anybody with the question, but I was hoping someone could give me very detailed instructions of how to change the low beam bulb in my 2006 xa. I unscrewed the four screws holding it in place, but I still can't get the thing out far enough to get the bulb out. If anyone can give me DETAILED instructions I would really appreciate it.

I'm not a modder in any way, I just didn't want to pay a mechanic to fix this for me. Unfortunately it looks like this bulb has blown out many times, because there is severe damage to the plastic underside of the bumper, there are screws missing, and the grill is only loosely attached with its prongs, like they've been taken out many times.

Somone please help me. I am not experienced with this stuff but I don't have the money to pay a mechanic.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

You don't to remove any screws to replace a headlight in an xA...or do you mean a fog light?

To change a headlight bulb on the xA, unplug the bulb from the harness, remove the rubber shroud on the back of the housing, and undo the clip holding the bulb in place. Insert the new bulb, clip it in, place the shroud and plug it in.

The driver's side bulb is a lot harder to get to because of the battery, but you shouldn't need to unscrew anything.