Notices
Scion xA Owners Lounge
2004-2006.5 [NCP61]

Got to start somewhere..

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2019, 07:59 AM
SL Member

Default Got to start somewhere..

So a little while ago I introduced myself and posted a few pics of my xA. I also said I had ordered a load of upgrades and would be fitting them in the coming weeks. Well.......time got away from me and a small issues with wheels.

I found a great deal on that web site that sounds like a river, ordered a new set of 16 inch wheels and tires, along with lowering springs, back and front struts, new head unit, tie rod ends, base speaker and amp, wheels spacers, front bumper, rear bumper and some other little things.
I was not going to do any of the suspension until I got the wheels sorted, then just do the whole lot in one go and only get the aliment done once. It would seem the wheel supplier had other ideas. So after a number of emails and waiting 8 weeks, the order was canceled and ended up with no wheels.
So after looking around some and not seeing anything I liked, I stopped at a local tire and wheel store, talked to the guy in there and ended up with a set of 17 inch wheels and tires (in the meantime I had fitted the new head unit, sub speaker, amp and primed the front bumper).

After waiting a few more days than expected, they finally came in and I went and got them fitted today. So now I can carry on and hopefully start to fit all the other items I have.
What ever I do, I have to do in one day as this is my daily drive and used everyday for work.

As for the colour, keep it grey or change it?????

In the beginning...

All the things

Home made box, amp is attached to the back of it

New wheels :o)

Android head until, with Wi-Fi, 3xUSB ports, SATNAV, camera

Pull up to my bumper baby!

Always have protection....

_______

Last edited by MR_LUV; 06-08-2019 at 08:55 AM.
Old 07-06-2019, 08:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

New wheels look a lot better. Good work.

I would keep it metallic gray simply because repainting another color is a lot of work.

Mine is Indigo Ink (blue), which I like. The metallic gray (forgot the name) was another color I liked. There was a special edition that was Red which I liked as well, but that was probably just because it was very rare.

Last edited by kdepew; 07-13-2019 at 07:48 PM.
Old 07-06-2019, 10:13 PM
Super Moderator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
SuperMod

Originally Posted by kdepew
New wheels look a lot better. Good work.

I would keep it metallic gray simply because repainting another color is a lot of work.
Agree with both point...and a full color change, done right, is a whole lot of work including all jams, engine bay, etc. Probably not worth the effort at the end of the day.