Notices
Scion xA Owners Lounge
2004-2006.5 [NCP61]

Hemi xA?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 09:38 PM
5 Year Member

Default Hemi xA?!

would it be possible? :D it'd have to be modded to fit some obviously, or would it be even too big for that. i'm thinking about the 350 hp one they have in that new dodge wagon that looks like a hurse. muwahahahaha!
Old 08-04-2004, 09:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh brother
Old 08-04-2004, 09:45 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

welcome to the forum.............and damn that wud be weird. i thought puttin celica engines and MR2 turbos in it wud be crazy....but damn.

i dont see how it cud. it looks like a shoehorn got the hemi in the xA. and i think wiring wud be a b*tch. but go ahead and try
Old 08-04-2004, 10:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

man. . . why stop there? I got a slightly used renesis rotary ion engine from Corellian Cruiser. I bet you could do 0-light speed in less than a nano-parsec. I'm sure you could shoe horn it in. You could even git NOS, and double your power. Put some V-Tek cams on her, and chip upgrade to a neural net processor. You should also check for MOPAR suspension upgrades, as well as a Borla body kit. . . I'm tearing up cuz this setup sounds so sweet. With all those mods, you might even hit plaid! Ludicrous Speed, GO!!!!!!!!

But the best mod I've ever done was to cheap and way easy to do. You can gain like 200hp at all four wheels!!! Dude ever done a "whip it"? Well this is a whip-it for your engine. Get a balloon, the type that is long like a sausage. Now get the whipped cream, but hold it upright, so only the Nitrous comes out. Fill the balloon with the NOS, and get some Octane booster from a auto store, like kragen, damn even groceries stores have octane booster nowadays. Put in about 1/8 of the bottle(you don't want too much power now) into the balloon. Now you wanna feed that ballon into your intake (just look in your manual on how to change your air filter). THe filter will trap the balloon. And when you floor it the ballon will pop and you got NOS!

Please don't try it if you DON'T know what you are doing or what you are saying. You have been warned. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
ok sorry guys. I had to do it. I'm sooooo sorry.
Old 08-04-2004, 11:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

if you want to sit in the trunk, sure..go for it...hehe new age Ben Hur.
Old 08-05-2004, 01:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Ok I apologize for my last post of nonsense. . . but it seems a lot of people come up with *whacky* ideas. I hope you are not a pro, but in all odds you are just someone who likes cars and is very optomistic, heck I used to be like that.

Reasons why it is silly:
-wrong brand, won't fit, even if it is small enough. . . there's always the problem of connecting to the tranny, rear wheel drive, blah blah blah. Good luck
-obviously too big 1.5L to a 5.0L? I forgot the size but it's near there.
-wrong drive train, again this is fwd, not rwd
-too expensive, too hard, not worth it.
-not useful. . . all that torque would be pointless. It would not be driveable, especially FWD

There are plenty of other silly ideas that make more sense:
-a Mitsu EVO engine is plenty silly, but it makes much more sense than a Hemi.
-Corolla engine. . . why you would do this is beyond me. But for about $5000+ you'll be just a little bit faster.
-MR2 turbo engine, possible. . . a good idea, plenty to work with

For the odd chance that you are a pro. . . some people do things like this just to do it. There is a project car called "the flea" which is an old RWD Corolla, I think, that has a 1UZ-FE motor transplanted, that's the Lexus 4.0L V8 32valved quad cam(dohc on both sides) engine.

. . . on the note of a more doable engine swap, I'm very curious about the Vios turbo they have in Asia. It's the same 1.5L engine, but it has a turbo. . . although I'm sure it won't pass an emissions test. Could probably do that for a reasonable price.
Old 08-05-2004, 02:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Actually putting a rotary engine in an xA would not be a bad idea. Awesome power from a small engine. I'm sure one could be made to fit.
Old 08-05-2004, 07:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Yeah, a rotary would be cool, but the installation would not be worth it. . . there are a lot more options that are both cheaper and easier to do. . . if a swap can be afforded in the first place.

For the cost of the work, it would make more sense to buy a new car. . .
Old 08-05-2004, 04:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my friend just did an sr20det swap into an ae86, i'll post pics as soon as i can get some....
Old 08-05-2004, 10:58 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Hemi xA?!

Originally Posted by gobblez
would it be possible? :D it'd have to be modded to fit some obviously, or would it be even too big for that. i'm thinking about the 350 hp one they have in that new dodge wagon that looks like a hurse. muwahahahaha!
we already have a hemi!!! a pentroof hemi at that

a'la http://auto.howstuffworks.com/hemi5.htm

try that and tell me what you think ;)