2004-2006.5 [NCP61]

NEWS UPDATE on 08 xA and xB...!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 05:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

This post belongs in the xA Lounge 2008 rumors section.

The most credible post I have seen is from the guy who went to a focus group and saw a larger xB that would only get 25 MPG. I do not remember what he said about the xA, but I think it was to have a bigger motor. It is getting later and later in the model year to not have some spy pictures (other than ones of mules). I have to believe the story that they will send off the xA and xB with Release series models--call them 2007's and then release the new models early in 2007 as 2008's.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by OldYeller
This post belongs in the xA Lounge 2008 rumors section.

The most credible post I have seen is from the guy who went to a focus group and saw a larger xB that would only get 25 MPG. I do not remember what he said about the xA, but I think it was to have a bigger motor. It is getting later and later in the model year to not have some spy pictures (other than ones of mules). I have to believe the story that they will send off the xA and xB with Release series models--call them 2007's and then release the new models early in 2007 as 2008's.
You're right. That guy who was at the focus group really is the most credible source. He had too much specific info for it to be false, IMO. What he said about the new xA is that the front looked more like the tC but stretched lower to the ground and the taillights looked similar to the chevy aveo. It also had a 130 hp engine, which points to it using the 1.8L corolla engine.

Also, this does need to be moved to the 2008 xA rumors section.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like the Ractis and new bB, and would welcome them as the new Scions, although I doubt it'll happen.

No offense, but I rarely believe anything a car sales man has to say.

Q: How can you tell if a salesman is lying?
A: His lips are moving.

(BTW: My dad has been in sales for 30 years, and he told me that joke.)
Old 07-07-2006, 03:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I will cry if the xB replacement is the new bB!! Well then I guess I should get my xB soon then. Looked at a bunch yesterday. Just looking at em, made me want one sooo bad!!
Old 07-07-2006, 09:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sushiboy
No offense, but I rarely believe anything a car sales man has to say.

Q: How can you tell if a salesman is lying?
A: His lips are moving.
My uncle sold cars for years and said the same thing about CUSTOMERS. "They're lying because their lips are moving."
Old 07-07-2006, 10:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There were rumors that Toyota would sell Scion branded cars in Europe. The Ractis looks like the Yaris Verso replacement. I'm still hoping for the Copen ZZ w/hard top convertible to fit within xA/xB price range.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It would be nice if the guy who supposedly went to the focus group would indicate whether the Ractis is what he saw. If Scion really is holding focus groups where they have the new xA cars, I'm absolutely amazed there are not photos available already. I didn't really understand the front looking like a Tc only lower comment. If the front looks like the Tc, the xA must have alot longer hood because the current xA's short front would probably never look like a Tc.
Old 07-08-2006, 02:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I forgot to add in maybe the most important line of what the guy said about the xA at the focus group. It is a completely new design and is not a car availible elsewhere.

Also, there has been info from at least two different sources who have been told by high level toyota executives that the next xB will not be the second gen. bB. It will also be a completely new model.

No ractis, no bB. Just like I've been saying for awhile now.
Old 07-08-2006, 03:30 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by lonestar
If we were just getting JDM Toyotas why would they even bother spending time and money on concept cars? They wouldn't. Both models are said to be all new designs. The xB will look somewhat like the t2b concept and there has been no word on the xA and it is rumored to be released after the xB replacement. The simple fact this delear told him there would be no RS 3.0 should be enough evidence that he was misinformed.
Is this a joke question? Do you have any idea how many concept cars never make it to production? Try like 90%. Or if they do make production, they're nothing like the concept. Concept cars serve the purpose of boosting a car company's profile... they can be innovative or suggest to the public a direction they're heading in. The Fuse will NEVER happen. Neither will that T2B (or whatever it's called) concept.
Old 07-08-2006, 03:34 PM
5 Year Member

We aren't getting the ractis or the bB. The dealers don't even know everything yet. Every dealer is saying something different. This one just seems to be more misinformed than most.
Okay, no one knows anything yet and everyone is saying something different. And yet, you can make the blanket statement of saying the Ractis and second bB aren't gonna be here? These are low volume sales cars... with minimal profit. They're not gonna create an all new sub-compact platform for the xA and xB replacements. The natural choices would be the Ractis and bB. The tC is much more expensive and they can justify building a new vehicle to replace it, but not the xA and xB!
Old 07-08-2006, 06:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wasn't talking about other car companies and their concepts I was talking specifically about Scion and the fact that the xB was incorporating some design from the t2b.

I said dealers don't know everything not they don't know anything. Lots of dealers are saying something different. Most are saying the same things, though. I can say with great confidence that we will not get the bB or ractis. It has been 100% confirmed. End of discussion.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I too used to the concept of supply & demand I guess..

It seems to me that the xa & xb are pretty good cars that have a good amount of demand..So doesn't it follow good business sense to *want* to make and sell something that people want?? With that in mind, why would they stop making them?

What am I missing here?
Old 07-09-2006, 02:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by willp66
I too used to the concept of supply & demand I guess..

It seems to me that the xa & xb are pretty good cars that have a good amount of demand..So doesn't it follow good business sense to *want* to make and sell something that people want?? With that in mind, why would they stop making them?

What am I missing here?
The initial Scion business plan was to have 3 models at a time and only have them run for about 3-4 years and then have three new models take the places of the previous ones. The first Scion models have been out for almost exactly three years now. Within a year from now there should be at least two new models out to replace the old ones. Also, Scion has stated that they don't want the cars to become too mainstream and therefor keep production somewhat lower than other car companies. For 2006 I believe that they weren't planning on selling more than 160,000 cars.
Old 07-09-2006, 03:38 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

you are right lonestar.

their replacements are going to be like the tC, USDM-only but made in Japan, so they wont be any model you see in Japan or anywhere else
Old 07-09-2006, 07:58 AM
5 Year Member

I wasn't talking about other car companies and their concepts I was talking specifically about Scion and the fact that the xB was incorporating some design from the t2b.

I said dealers don't know everything not they don't know anything. Lots of dealers are saying something different. Most are saying the same things, though. I can say with great confidence that we will not get the bB or ractis. It has been 100% confirmed. End of discussion.
Another contradictory post... no one can confirm anything, yet you claim it has been "100% confirmed" that the replacements will neither be the bB or Ractis. What makes you think your source is anymore credible than mine? Sounds to me like you're just talking outta your ___!
Old 07-09-2006, 08:13 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

umm.. what if i say i have talked to the VP of Scion Corp and he says no on the new bB?
Old 07-09-2006, 09:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Scion corporate manager Steve Haag has confirmed it. I'll take his word over your buddy at your local dealership.
Old 07-09-2006, 03:08 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

how about maybe I was in one of those focus groups.
Old 07-09-2006, 03:24 PM
5 Year Member

Scion corporate manager Steve Haag has confirmed it. I'll take his word over your buddy at your local dealership.
Nothing's been confirmed... but if your little mind really believes that Steve Haag gave you a confirmation, then so be it.
Old 07-09-2006, 03:26 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by gjpjr84
how about maybe I was in one of those focus groups.
Doubt it.

Quick Reply: NEWS UPDATE on 08 xA and xB...!