2004-2006.5 [NCP61]

NEWS UPDATE on 08 xA and xB...!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 05:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by PeruzziScion
Its 100% confirmed by top level Toyota execs that the new bB will not be the new xB. It will be a totally different vehicle with unique features from the ground up. This isnt even an argument anymore. Its a fact. The new xA will be more fuel efficient. Compare it to the Corolla right now. The new xB will not be a big change in fuel economy...

Originally Posted by Rich_Manas
Originally Posted by hotbox05
ah you went to the dinner/hotel getaway a week or two ago?
spoke with scion corporate manager steve haag while i was there and he said the 2nd gen xB looks nothing like the current gen xb or 2nd gen bB in japan. we talked about future models aside from the current line up and they are in the works.

the reason i'm so interested in what Scion has planned i've passed up going back to toyota three times in the past two years. though it would be a promotion so they say i wouldn't want to be looking from the other side thinking what might have been. i've been with Toyota for 5 years and 3 years with Scion and it took a lot of work to get Scion where its at in my district. plus the only way i would get free trips from toyota is if i had the gm or gsm position, new car managers get didly squat.
it will be similar in design theory and size but it will not be the t2b and it will not be the new bB and it will not be the larger xB mule pic that is posted .

it will probably have a few t2b elements to it.
Originally Posted by dgHotLava
what sources give you that garbage???

nothing like what i've been hearing from my reps
just the dealer i'll be working for , a regional scion exec , northern cali toyota exec , and dealers everywhere. as well as every toyota tech i work with for my promotional job.

each model/nameplate gets 3 years of life then dead.
Old 07-09-2006, 09:02 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by lonestar
Originally Posted by PeruzziScion
Its 100% confirmed by top level Toyota execs that the new bB will not be the new xB. It will be a totally different vehicle with unique features from the ground up. This isnt even an argument anymore. Its a fact. The new xA will be more fuel efficient. Compare it to the Corolla right now. The new xB will not be a big change in fuel economy...

Originally Posted by Rich_Manas
ah you went to the dinner/hotel getaway a week or two ago?
spoke with scion corporate manager steve haag while i was there and he said the 2nd gen xB looks nothing like the current gen xb or 2nd gen bB in japan. we talked about future models aside from the current line up and they are in the works.

the reason i'm so interested in what Scion has planned i've passed up going back to toyota three times in the past two years. though it would be a promotion so they say i wouldn't want to be looking from the other side thinking what might have been. i've been with Toyota for 5 years and 3 years with Scion and it took a lot of work to get Scion where its at in my district. plus the only way i would get free trips from toyota is if i had the gm or gsm position, new car managers get didly squat.
it will be similar in design theory and size but it will not be the t2b and it will not be the new bB and it will not be the larger xB mule pic that is posted .

it will probably have a few t2b elements to it.
Originally Posted by dgHotLava
what sources give you that garbage???

nothing like what i've been hearing from my reps
just the dealer i'll be working for , a regional scion exec , northern cali toyota exec , and dealers everywhere. as well as every toyota tech i work with for my promotional job.

each model/nameplate gets 3 years of life then dead.

Damn. I got owned.

Old 07-09-2006, 11:26 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

scream hallelujah, for he has heard the word and is now on the path of truth!

i guess if someone had to go searching for it, I sure wasn't.
Old 07-10-2006, 12:05 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member
Scinergy

id trade my 06 xA in for it!
Old 07-10-2006, 01:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

foxtrot,

Have you seen or heard something about it? If anyone has information that they truly know about the next generation cars, post it.