Notices
Scion xA Owners Lounge
2004-2006.5 [NCP61]

Who is left on here with an xA?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2021, 01:21 AM
SL Member

Default Wrap🤘

[ I just got a 2005 XA and was thinking about wrapping the hood also due to peeling! Have you done it yet and if so, did you do it yourself? Where did you get the wrap? Thanks! I’m new to the forums and plan on being active, I prefer DIY whenever possible!🎃🤘🎃
Old 10-19-2021, 06:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Still here with my 2005 xA with 125,500+ miles on it. It is showing codes for the O2 sensors. Looking for help on how to replace them.

Also have a 2009 xB with 54,500 miles on it in great shape.

Andy
Old 10-21-2021, 10:53 PM

I just picked up a 2005 xA this morning from a local dealer who deals in in manual cars. One owner with 157k miles on the clock. I parted ways with my 98 LS400 with 290k miles for something more fuel efficient. I have never owned a car this small and zippy before and I love it!
Old 10-27-2021, 04:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by NJTrout
Still here with my 2005 xA with 125,500+ miles on it. It is showing codes for the O2 sensors. Looking for help on how to replace them.

Also have a 2009 xB with 54,500 miles on it in great shape.

Andy
My recommendation would be to buy good quality exact-fit sensors. You can really go cheap and buy the sensors that you have to cut ans splice the pigtail harness onto, but they're not as good. rockauto.com is an excellent place for car parts, they'll have factory Denso or whoever the original supplier was, and they'll be probably the best price too. If you're going to replace them yourself, buy an O2 crows-foot wrench, it will make the job much easier. With the new sensors, be sure to not touch the sensor ends or threads of the new ones before you install them, partly because finger oils can foul-up the sensors, but also they usually have some anti-seize pre-applied.

Youtube is a good resource for how-to videos, watch a few to know what you're getting into. I believe the secondary (rear) sensor requires the center console to be removed to get to the harness, and you need to unplug it and push the grommet through the floor before you take the old one out, and fish the harness and grommet back through after you get the new one torqued into the piping.
Old 11-02-2021, 12:00 AM
SL Member

late to the party w my 05 5-speed, 146k miles, super customized (well, hubcaps)

Old 11-03-2021, 04:20 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by mehbtdt
late to the party w my 05 5-speed, 146k miles, super customized (well, hubcaps)

Looks good, man! Any modification plans? I've already got parts on order ready to build mine into a canyon carving daily.
Old 11-07-2021, 09:51 PM
SL Member

Thanks, GenkiScion. No plans for mods really, just maintenance and repairs. It's a penny pinching little commuter for my teen boys, with the built-in theft deterrent of being a 5-speed. No canyons or really any kind of fun driving in Chicago =[
Old 11-08-2021, 02:00 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by mehbtdt
Thanks, GenkiScion. No plans for mods really, just maintenance and repairs. It's a penny pinching little commuter for my teen boys, with the built-in theft deterrent of being a 5-speed. No canyons or really any kind of fun driving in Chicago =[
Ah, gotcha! That's really cool that you've taught your boys to drive stick.
Old 01-17-2022, 08:41 PM
SL Member

I have a 2004 Scion xA i drive daily round trip 150 miles to work. its got 150,000 miles but its clean as a top I got it from Florida about 3 years ago. I don't post much or
need much help. I run a 94 Geo Prism and a 2004 pick up truck and i swap out cars while im fixing the other ones. jobs 150 miles round trip. it is catching up to me though.

____

Last edited by MR_LUV; 01-18-2022 at 06:47 AM.
Old 04-01-2022, 03:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Still got my 06 Black beauty one owner from new. 55K original miles; I live in the big city and hardly have time to drive. Was a TRD car from the start but now the TRD suspension has finally failed from these ridiculous NE potholes. The original TRD wheels were beautiful but were destroyed by these terrible roads. I might get them refurbished one day as these were such beautiful wheels. Planning on putting the Koni Orange and H&R sport springs as well as replacing the hose system. Well I guess I'm also doing a total overhaul as soon as the weather gets warmer. 16 years ago I was on the fence about buying this car new but looking back now, it was probably the best decision I've made. Toyota quality is real and repairs are pretty easy. The only problem I've found so far is that it's been hit while parked 4 times already. Seems it's a magnet for bad drivers. I do most of the work on the car now because most mechanics are terrible these days. I'm tired of missing hardware and broken parts after taking the car to the shop.

Yesterday

Today
Old 04-05-2022, 05:56 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by LULU
Still got my 06 Black beauty one owner from new. 55K original miles; I live in the big city and hardly have time to drive. Was a TRD car from the start but now the TRD suspension has finally failed from these ridiculous NE potholes. The original TRD wheels were beautiful but were destroyed by these terrible roads. I might get them refurbished one day as these were such beautiful wheels. Planning on putting the Koni Orange and H&R sport springs as well as replacing the hose system. Well I guess I'm also doing a total overhaul as soon as the weather gets warmer. 16 years ago I was on the fence about buying this car new but looking back now, it was probably the best decision I've made. Toyota quality is real and repairs are pretty easy. The only problem I've found so far is that it's been hit while parked 4 times already. Seems it's a magnet for bad drivers. I do most of the work on the car now because most mechanics are terrible these days. I'm tired of missing hardware and broken parts after taking the car to the shop.

Yesterday

Today
Your car looks amazing even with the bad drivers smacking it! I love those wheels, too. Are those Konigs (I think I can see a crown)?
Old 04-06-2022, 01:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks man! Your build is pretty sweet too! I'm going to be doing the suspension in a few weeks so I'll let y'all know how it goes. Gonna do a full refresh of the car cause I love it so much and it's a keeper.

Yup these are the Konig Lightning in white. Like most other great things for our cars, that wheel was discontinued :_(. Wish they still made these and hoping they last a few more years before I have to refurbish them or get new ones.

Off topic, but did y'all see the GR Corolla? Damn!
Old 05-18-2022, 01:25 PM
Pap

Default '05 xa

I have a "05 xa with 250k on it . It still runs and drives good as New. The head lights are a little bit frosty and a door ding or two. But other than that it's all good.
Old 05-21-2022, 06:35 PM

Still have my 2004 xA with 146k miles! Been lurking on this site forever and finally signed up. Poor car was totalled in a sandstorm last month and I'm in the process of getting it ready for all the DMV inspections so that I can drive it around with the salvage title. Replaced the back window, side mirrors, fog light bulbs, polished the head and taillights, and vacuumed about two gallons of sand from the inside... fully committed to driving it into the ground at this point!
Old 05-21-2022, 06:43 PM
Pap

You should be able to get it least another 100k out of it. Good luck with your sandy ride.
Old 07-06-2022, 03:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Smile

We still own our 2006 scion Xa. 101000 miles. The only thing that failed recently is the drivers power window switch. Bought one from amazon.com. 27.00, now the drivers window will go up/down.

Old 07-06-2022, 09:18 PM

Default We out here still.

Originally Posted by simplyred
I'm noticing less and less people with an xA on Scionlife. So who is left? And where did everyone go?

ik this is like years late but we out here. I’ve got a straight piped 06 that I’m putting coilovers on by next month. Gonna be 3.5-4” lowered, gonna finish up suspension work then grabbin wheels and tires soon. Anyone else still here tho? I need help and advice 😭
Old 07-06-2022, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by LULU
Thanks man! Your build is pretty sweet too! I'm going to be doing the suspension in a few weeks so I'll let y'all know how it goes. Gonna do a full refresh of the car cause I love it so much and it's a keeper.

Yup these are the Konig Lightning in white. Like most other great things for our cars, that wheel was discontinued :_(. Wish they still made these and hoping they last a few more years before I have to refurbish them or get new ones.

Off topic, but did y'all see the GR Corolla? Damn!
Dude those wheels r dope! Also yeah that Corolla goes so hard, wish I could afford to get one lol
Old 09-02-2022, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default I’m here

2005 XA 128,000 miles. Only none OEM part is the muffler. Unfortunately the chrome tail pipe does not fit it. Many more miles to go I hope.