Notices
Scion xA Owners Lounge
2004-2006.5 [NCP61]

Why aren't xAs as popular as xBs?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 06:09 PM
G
5 Year Member

Well viva la differance ... i have a new XA and am loving it...
granted the XB is more recognizable at first glance ...

now off to see about getting it lowered ...

(black pearl XA - Kali Car)
Old 02-04-2005, 07:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

When i parked my xA at the broadway pier for work some old guy was starring at my car (front, back and side) for a good 2-3 minutes..lol.

Anyways, For me I would want the xA to not be as popular and less driving on the road so it would have that rare factor to it.
Old 02-04-2005, 08:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Lonely Raven

When I showed my boss the photo of the xB I was thinking
of getting, she said "that car is so you, it's unique and
different from the mainstream".
that's just another way to say that "you are an OUTCAST"
Old 02-04-2005, 08:11 PM

While I was eating pho at a Vietnamese restuarant last week, a family of 5 started checking out my car when they were about to leave. It was pretty hilarious since we were eating near the window and saw the whole thing! They were rubbing and pointing at the Scion emblem and even left fingerprints on the window

People these days.. after about 4 minutes, they drove off in their BMW X5~

Old 02-04-2005, 08:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i was going to get a box...........until i saw the RS 1.0 xa seatting in the back lot.
Old 02-04-2005, 08:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cloudnine
While I was eating pho at a Vietnamese restuarant last week, a family of 5 started checking out my car when they were about to leave. It was pretty hilarious since we were eating near the window and saw the whole thing! They were rubbing and pointing at the Scion emblem and even left fingerprints on the window

People these days.. after about 4 minutes, they drove off in their BMW X5~
they were about to jack your emblem until they saw it says scion on it.
Old 02-04-2005, 08:18 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FrankenScion
Originally Posted by TJandBOXCARWILLIE
......but I think that (one of) the reasons is that the xA looks pretty much like other small cars, while the xB looks, well, not like other cars.

Also, the xB has more room.
Word!
Yes.

In addition the xB is the new version of the beetle. In that they were both completely different than other cars when they came out in the U.S.
Old 02-04-2005, 10:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by blimon63
the xa gets attention but just hasn't been out as long as the xb has yet.
two problems here....

A and B were released together....same amount of time....

and if they had not been put out at the same time, your 'yet' remark would never be met. one would always be older....but since they were released at the same time it does not matter....
Old 02-05-2005, 01:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sprockett,

I know Midland is a ways out but you should come out to some of the Detroit area meets and you'll see at least 2 kick @$$ xA's... autopainter13 and I have the only 2 xA's in Scion Evolution Detroit.

Back to topic, since everybody is buying xB's and tC's it makes us xA owners stand out more... At the last meet we had about 20+ xB's, 20+ tC's and 3 xA's... Which cars do you think stood out more?

The xB's ARE different but when you get 20+ of them rolling down the express way... it becomes just another car... The xA IS the "different" scion...

~chris
Old 02-05-2005, 02:15 AM
5 Year Member

Hope they keep selling xB's and TC's like hot cakes to support the Scion brand while us xA owners continue to enjoy our small numbers of our small and special cars. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes, atleast we all love our Scions.
Old 02-05-2005, 02:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think the problem with the xA is that people that are not concerned with cargo room would prefer to get a 2-door coupe. They see 5-door hatchbacks as family cars but the xA doesn't have enough room to be one. the xA might of sold more if it were a 3-door hatch like the ZX3
Old 02-05-2005, 03:37 AM
SL Member

Because in the USA, we've got no cars that look like the xB, and lots of hatchbacks that look like the xA!

In Japan, they've got a lot more cars that look like the xB, and because people there go for 'cute' more, the xA is more popular over there (consistanly ranking higher on the top 100 lists of best selling cars each year vs. the xB).

So, maybe if you wait a few more years and the other car makers bring over their boxy look-alikes, maybe the xB won't be such a novelty anymore....
Old 02-05-2005, 03:56 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

I don't want the xA to sell more. I want it to stay special. So far I've seen 3 xA's after a year that I've been with my car, about 20 xB's and 5 Tc's. So, who's special now?
Old 02-05-2005, 06:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Joehnn
Originally Posted by FrankenScion
Originally Posted by TJandBOXCARWILLIE
......but I think that (one of) the reasons is that the xA looks pretty much like other small cars, while the xB looks, well, not like other cars.

Also, the xB has more room.
Word!
Yes.

In addition the xB is the new version of the beetle. In that they were both completely different than other cars when they came out in the U.S.
Correct.
Old 02-05-2005, 06:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

i love my xA i bought in march of 04 and had people askin what kind of car it is. i love the looks people give. i even had a dodge "pee-on" stop in traffic to get a look at it. i like how rare the xA's are and when i do spot one they always give me the "nod". the other boxes and tcs just look. its like a group within a group. i
Old 02-05-2005, 07:27 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I used to regret not getting the xb when i was looking at both cars(tc wasnt out then) but im happy that i got the xa because there are so few modified xa's and xb's and tc's are dime a dozen.
Old 02-05-2005, 09:01 PM
5 Year Member

I've had my xA for nearly 4 months and people still stare when stopped at lights and I walk out of stores every once in a while and find people walking around my car. They all seem to ask "What is that?" or "Who makes that car?" I still admit XB's are for people that definitely don't want anything even remotely similar to another car. Too bad there's 30 of them driving around here now. I've seen maybe 4 other Xa's.
Old 02-06-2005, 06:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The xB is bigger, which is why us fat americans tend to prefer it. People want to be able to stretch out and stick all their crap in the back, or at least they want to option to do so, even if they never do.[/b]
Old 02-06-2005, 06:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Why aren't xAs as popular as xBs?

Originally Posted by Sprockett
I have seen TWO other xAs since I have owned the car (since July). TWO. I have seen like 20 xBs and maybe the same of tCs. Why aren't the xAs as popular? I think they are the best looking of the bunch, personally
Oh thats an easy one xA's suck. No really they just look like every other import. The xB, and tC has its own style. Personaly the xA reminds me of a Geo Metro, and we all know how cool thouse are.
Old 02-06-2005, 07:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Wow, Drive an xA man they are fun little cars. They may not stand out as much as the box but that's obvious. To say it looks like a metro is wrong. I get plenty of people asking me about my car and others checking it out in parking lots and traffic. I will say most are female but I don't see how that's a bad thing. I will admit ive never driven / ridden in a tc or xB. Maybe next week ill go test drive them just for fun.

As far as being less popular that's fine 2 xA in a line 2 tc and 13 xB think about who stands out more? Each to there own but I saw the xA and never even really looked at the 2 others, the car just appealed to me that much.

Quick Reply: Why aren't xAs as popular as xBs?