Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 01:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Default Re: xBs are selling slower than xAs

Originally Posted by Otto the Mild
I was little surprised to see this thread. Every dealer I've seen has plenty of xBs on the lot, but can't keep xAs in stock. That is a pretty clear indication that the xB is not as popular.

That's not necessarily a bad thing. The xB is more avant-garde, from a design perspective. Plus, xB owners tend to be a little more fanatical about their cars, since they are so unique. It is no accident that xBs outnumber xAs at Scion Exposed events, since xB owners are more willing to devote time and money to modify their cars.
IOW your saying xA owners don't feel their cars are worthy of mods or they aren't the mod type. I think it's the latter.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was little surprised to see this thread. Every dealer I've seen has plenty of xBs on the lot, but can't keep xAs in stock. That is a pretty clear indication that the xB is not as popular.

That's not necessarily a bad thing. The xB is more avant-garde, from a design perspective. Plus, xB owners tend to be a little more fanatical about their cars, since they are so unique. It is no accident that xBs outnumber xAs at Scion Exposed events, since xB owners are more willing to devote time and money to modify their cars.
man Otto... where do I start...

Unfortunatley xB's are out selling the xA's by far... the reason the lots have more xB's than xA's is because the xA's are harder to move so the dealers only keep a few on hand where as the xB's move like hotcakes so having a rotating supply of 20 is no problem cause they move so quickly...

To say that xA'ers aren't into modding as much as the xB'ers is just plain wrong... Check the registry... https://www.scionlife.com/registry/?...ortby=username

We mod... ohh yes we mod...
Old 02-16-2005, 07:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Chris, I think he meant to say that xA owners are more likely to get them for everyday use and not for the modability. Whereas most people get a box with the sole purpose of modding them. Modability is that even a word? LOL
Old 02-16-2005, 01:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Even then I don't agree with that... Sure there are those xA owners who keep everything stock and do no mods but there are xB owners like that too...

The reason there are more "Modded" xB's than xA's is because there are more xB's in the market... not because xA'ers don't mod or don't have the time/money there's just fewer xA's out there to mod... That's why the aftermarket for xB's is so huge... there's so many of them... whereas the xA's aren't as common so the aftermarket demand isn't as great... I think that if you looked at the registry (which isn't working like it used to) and looked at the percentages of total # xB's vs mods & total # xA's vs mods the percentages would be almost the same... Looking at just the first page of the registry, 70% xB'ers mod & 47% xA'ers mod. And that is just the first page... The xA numbers aren't as great as the xB's but once again there are MORE xB's so you see page after page of xB mods...
Old 02-16-2005, 02:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

This thread has the potential to get very ugly.

All three models have their positive features, but what it comes down to is, "Which one do you like and Which one fits your lifestyle the Best?"
Old 02-16-2005, 04:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No, it won't get "ugly" it's just that this is basically a thread about what everybodies opinion is...

It was stated earlier... "WHAT MOVES YOU" for some it's the xA, others the xB or tC...

Everything else is just friendly banter and debate...

:D
Old 02-16-2005, 04:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

I liked the way the xa looked from the outside but the inside was too echoish. It turned me right off. So if the interior looked better i would probally be pimping an xa.
O well i heart my box
Old 02-16-2005, 08:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Chris is absolutly right, we jus be pla'n each other. Now I see you get what I meant. It's a per capita thang. I think chicks are less likely to mod so if more chicks have xA's and they don't mod em that counts toward what I was say'n. LOL
Old 02-16-2005, 08:31 PM
Banned
SL Member

xA owns you at the track ;)
Old 02-16-2005, 08:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tamago
xA owns you at the track ;)
I sure hope so, considering it is areodynamic and weighs less

I think the trade off for STYLE is worth it
Old 02-17-2005, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I hate repeating myself Jeff....

Originally Posted by Blue_Estel
... I'm as open minded as anybody to the fact that the xA has the most style of the bunch..

BTW, I'm adding "Modability" to the Chris-ictionary...
Old 02-17-2005, 06:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

I hate repeating myself Jeff....

... I'm as open minded as anybody to the fact that the xA has the most style of the bunch..
You gotta give us something We are owned at the track, get less MPG and are as aerodynamic as a brick. What's left other than style

BTW, I'm adding "Modability" to the Chris-ictionary...
Hey, it sounds like a word, doesn't it???
Old 02-18-2005, 03:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

man Otto... where do I start...

Unfortunatley xB's are out selling the xA's by far... the reason the lots have more xB's than xA's is because the xA's are harder to move so the dealers only keep a few on hand where as the xB's move like hotcakes so having a rotating supply of 20 is no problem cause they move so quickly...

To say that xA'ers aren't into modding as much as the xB'ers is just plain wrong... Check the registry... https://www.scionlife.com/registry/?...ortby=username

We mod... ohh yes we mod...
Well, I just had a look at the current Toyota sales figures and you are correct. However, in the DC area the reverse is the case, according to Alexandria Scion. They couldn't move the xB like they could the xA. The manager said he heard the xB was doing very well on the West Coast. I'd like to see a regional breakdown, if one exists.

Here are the figures, from Toyota's press release---
SCION xA 1,730 429 336.9 1,730 429 336.9
SCION xB 3,377 989 269.9 3,377 989 269.9
SCION tC 3,833 0 -- 3,833 0 --

The tC is kicking all of our butts.
Old 02-18-2005, 12:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

tC.... out selling us....

Since it was mentioned earlier that the xA's & xB's are like brothers... we can just add our numbers together... and now we are creaming the tC sales numbers...

That's much better... we're kicking the tC's butt!!!

Now we just have to let the auto industry know to combine those figures and we're all good.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

They are on the same platform so if that's the case you must include the vitz and the echos also. It's not even close! LOL
Old 02-19-2005, 04:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by jethro b
They are on the same platform so if that's the case you must include the vitz and the echos also. It's not even close! LOL
But we're not insecure! Nonononono....
Old 02-20-2005, 04:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by jethro b
But we're not insecure! Nonononono....
Old 02-20-2005, 04:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

tC drivers on the whole I think enjoy trying to do deny their car is a Scion because they don't wish to be associated with xA/xB.

It's like lexus owners denying it's a toyota.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:29 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by Captain tC
tC is no doubt the cream of the crop.
If by cream of the crop, you mean "most Camry-like" and least interesting, then I agree.
Old 02-22-2005, 03:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by Rion
Originally Posted by Captain tC
tC is no doubt the cream of the crop.
If by cream of the crop, you mean "most Camry-like" and least interesting, then I agree.

Quick Reply: Why aren't xAs as popular as xBs?