2004-2006.5 [NCP61]

xA Testing on Mulholland Drive

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 12:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default xA Testing on Mulholland Drive

Just got back. It wasn't real testing, I was just going that way, so I hit Mulholland.

Since this is the first front wheel drive car that I've owned, I wanted to start getting some technique going.

First of all, the anti-lock brakes work, both front and rear, however, I don't know if they work well, as I was just briefly into the anti-lock zone. The fronts seemed to come on a moment before the rears, but I was going downhill, if that matters.

After just a few corners, I figured out that I could pretty much forget that the car has a rear end. I hope when I get used to it, I'll be able to slide the rear end out. I wanted to try it today, but I was thinking it would look pretty bad if I crashed after having the car less than 24 hours!

I know that the car needs a proper break-in period, so I was careful not to touch the redline. I also kept the sustained RPMs reasonably low.

The xA is like the S2000 in some aspects. They both shift much better at higher RPM's, and they both shift better with the throttle on.

I wish I had my video camera today. On Mulholland, I was on the tail of a Carerra, and I was talking lots of smack in my little car, but he didn't want to hit it. (Good thing!) And some grampa in an Escalade pulled over and let me by when he saw my evil pimp-daddy Scion rolling up on his fat ___.

I'll get some camera mounts installed soon, so I can make some crazy Scion action videos!

-Pete :D
Old 10-28-2003, 09:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
N.G.S.O.

cant wait to see some scion movies!!!! do u have in of the s2000 we can look at did u get the black one like u wanted? what is your first mod going to be
Old 10-29-2003, 05:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr scion
cant wait to see some scion movies!!!! do u have in of the s2000 we can look at did u get the black one like u wanted? what is your first mod going to be
I got the black one, and it looks great!

I received lots of good comments on the unique and attractive styling from several of my classmates today.

I guess technically, my first mod is that I didn't allow the dealer to drill any holes in the front bumper. It looks very clean with no plate, and no holes. (I know about getting tickets, but it's okay)

I think the first mod I might attempt will be to see if the Seat Locks that I invented for the S2000 will fit on the Scion. I know no one is going to rip off my Scion seats, but I will be putting some aftermarket seat in soon.

I ordered a custom fit car cover and floor mats.

The first real mod will be a pipe. It's too quiet, and I cant hear the engine RPMs well enough. I'm ready to order it now, but I'm waiting to hear about some other projects (maybe a turbo or supercharger).

I do have some great S2000 video, including racetrack stuff, canyon runs, a donut contest, etc., but I don't know how to post video, plus I have no time, because of anesthesia school. Gotta go study now!

-Pete