Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Muffler XB

Old 10-15-2003, 12:06 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

We just recently had a DNX Performance muffler put on our xB, and I have nothing but good things to say about it. When you are cruising it is not loud at all, but when you step on the throttle it lets everyone around you know that you are there. On freeway trips if you don't have the baffle in it will definitely put your rump to sleep though.

www.dnxperformance.com

we got a universal muffler with a flame treated tip.
Old 10-15-2003, 01:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its illegal on harleys too.
I'm sorry for not being clear.

I know it's illegal on Harleys. I am saying who gets more crap? I hardly hear any Harleys getting pulled over for being loud.
Old 10-15-2003, 02:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Torokun
its illegal on harleys too.
I'm sorry for not being clear.

I know it's illegal on Harleys. I am saying who gets more crap? I hardly hear any Harleys getting pulled over for being loud.
hehe. i hate it too, but its always been that way and its gonna take a lot of enforcemnt to fix it if they ever do. i ride a harley with a DAMN loud exhuast...hehe and i have never been pulled over for it.
HOWEVER, i also have an 82 elcamino which has a relatively loud exhuast (headers and true duals with flowmasters, for those of you who know more than just imports), but not even half as loud as the harley and i have been ticketed for 'too loud an exhuast.' trust me i was ____ed, but there was really nuthin i could do b/.c it is a modified exhuast, and its all the officer's opinion. in california, any exhaust that is not stock can be considered illegal.

another funny thing is i always see ignorant ppl say that harleys are an exception b/c they come stock with loud exhausts, when in fact the stock exhaust on ANY harley is damn quiet....ex. have you ever heard a cop on a harley bike with a loud exhuast pull up next to you? nope.
anyways, i just wanted to put my 2cents into the conversation.

l. garcia