Notices

2006 killerxromances goes boost!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 06:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default 2006 killerxromances goes boost!

Well, next year i will have my credit dept down and with a raised limit of xxxx, looks like i finally get to go boosted. It will more than likely be around summer but i will be lucky enough to do it. Any comments or suggestions as to what company i should go with would be fun.

Right now im probably going with Power Enterprise s/c, unless ZPI has some turbo kits available by mid-06'. I'm definitely not going with blitz, thats for sure. Sorry Blitz fans, just not a fan of their blower.

I also plan on buying rims next year as well. Some of you guys keep bothering me about it, lol... It will happen, next year my box grows up!!

Cya
Old 11-10-2005, 01:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No comments? Common, someone im sure wants to say something..

Cya
Old 11-10-2005, 03:37 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

comment......

good luck with that maybe we can check it out if you ever get up to NC to visit....
Old 11-10-2005, 04:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sciond
comment......

good luck with that maybe we can check it out if you ever get up to NC to visit....
I'm in NC again. Events happend, and my job i had there was seasonal..There were no further leads in jobs so i came back living with my parents again for a while. Thanks for the good luck. So you will be able to check it out!

Cya
Old 11-10-2005, 05:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you want comments, here they are.

Don't boost your motor. The 1NZ does not handle boost very well. You should use your moeny to do the 4efte swap once the kit becomes available.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

^^^^^What are you talking about? Ive heard of PLENTY of scions of this web site that have supercharged and turbo charged withoout a problem. Of course you wont a 12 second car but you can still boost and not a break a single peice. Read before you comment on something. For now from what ive heard on sconlife matchbox has the xB with most horsepower, hes running supercharged AND nitrous and is still using his box everyday without a problem. Go ahead read up on the forums and learn, you CAN force induce your scion without a single problem.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BeQuietAndDrive
If you want comments, here they are.

Don't boost your motor. The 1NZ does not handle boost very well. You should use your moeny to do the 4efte swap once the kit becomes available.
There are a handful of people on this forum with supercharged xbs, and two (i believe) with turbos. I've talked to a few people, and i've met a few people with boosted scions. The 1nz can handle boost, infact it can handle 7-9psi daily without any problems. After 9 you would then have to boost up intervals and all of that, 7-9 is perfectly fine and i'll probably be running around 8psi. Enough for me to put down in the 120whp range with just the supercharger added. The only thoughts i had was being i have an automatic, i didn't want to put too much stress on the tranny. But, i have found both blitz and power enterprise tested on both trannys without problems. I'm going with power enterprise because i know the company is a great one to choose from. (of course, if zpi comes out with a well-made, tested turbo i might go with them but for now its p.e)

I'm about finished setting my car up for autocross and road course (track) racing, with my set up now i am making very respectible times. The f/i will definitely make my times much better because my weakest point as it stands is straight aways. Plus, driving it daily as well, im bored with the current set up and as some of us know, when that happens you want more power. heh.

Anyway, thanks for the comments everyone. But you can boost the 1nz without a problem.

Cya
Old 11-10-2005, 10:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

seems like a lot of trouble for 16 hp
Old 11-10-2005, 11:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

not if you have the money, and if you consider the box already doesnt have a LOT of whopping hp to begin with 16-20 is a whole lot

the thing is so light lol

16-20 may not be much on some cars...but you gotta think relative to what its being placed on really

i do agree its maybe a lot of work, but if someone has the $$ and the time to do it, hell go for it
Old 11-10-2005, 11:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by LilBlkBox
seems like a lot of trouble for 16 hp
Actually, its more like 20-30whp. We have between 86-93whp. (alot of things come into play when dynoing, but thats what people have been dyno'd at with autos and manuals) So, you take in effect that someone dynos after the install at 120whp, thats roughly 30whp over stock. Thats a big difference. And because our cars are light, 120whp isn't ground breaking number, but, 120whp is great on a 1.5l in a car that doesn't weigh that much. Besides, thats counting stock. When its all done with, i will probably have 130whp. Give or take. my goal is 120-135whp. If i can get that, that would be amazing for me.

Which is kind of funny counting i built up a n/a gs-r that had 231whp, but, it also weighed more and was more geared for 1/4 vs. autocross and the such.

Its not that much trouble, and its worth it. IMO.

Cya
Old 11-10-2005, 11:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im sure our Sheet metal intake manifold will help the xb get more power in NA and boost situations.

were now working on it and should be done after the new year.

The plenum will have 3 times more volume and will be made from sheet metal aluminum and billet flanges for the cylinder head and throttle body.

Here is a picture of the one we made for the Mitsubishi Evolution.
Made 45 hp on the dyno, by just bolting on the manifold.

This should open a whole new arena for the boosted and NA crowd to get their xb's into a whole new Hp range.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by monstermotorworks
im sure our Sheet metal intake manifold will help the xb get more power in NA and boost situations.

were now working on it and should be done after the new year.

The plenum will have 3 times more volume and will be made from sheet metal aluminum and billet flanges for the cylinder head and throttle body.

Here is a picture of the one we made for the Mitsubishi Evolution.
Made 45 hp on the dyno, by just bolting on the manifold.

This should open a whole new arena for the boosted and NA crowd to get their xb's into a whole new Hp range.
Thanks for the information. Definitely keep me posted as much as possible on this. Also, will that 4-2-1 header work well with a supercharger? Thats amazing how you had 11.1whp gain from a 1nz. Sounds like you guys know what you are doing, definitely.

Let me know as to if the header works well with f/i, and for sure if the manifold does. If it does, you have my business next year. Even n/a, some good stuff going.

Cya
Old 11-11-2005, 11:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Well I chose the Blitz SC for many reasons, to each there own. With any luck I will
have it installed before Thanksgiving. I pick up the parts that I had powder coated
today. We have the Scinergy Holiday party tomorrow so it won't happen this weekend.
I hope maybe next weekend. Have you been autocrossing your box? There are several
people in Scinergy GA that are interested as well. The SC looks to put us in a class
with the big boys. I think they said STX, Yikes!!
Old 11-11-2005, 07:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Baine
Well I chose the Blitz SC for many reasons, to each there own. With any luck I will
have it installed before Thanksgiving. I pick up the parts that I had powder coated
today. We have the Scinergy Holiday party tomorrow so it won't happen this weekend.
I hope maybe next weekend. Have you been autocrossing your box? There are several
people in Scinergy GA that are interested as well. The SC looks to put us in a class
I have. And yes, the s/c will put us in a class above what we are now. Which we can stand up to because i've beaten a handful of cars that were a class above me, one was two classes above me. Depends on how well you can controll your box and how well they can control their cars. All motor with more than bolt ons will also put us in a higher class, not like the s/c or t/c would though.. heh.

Cya
Old 11-13-2005, 03:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know the 1NZ can handle 7-9 psi, but for how long? It hasn't been proveb too long term yet, I don't believe.

With the 4EFTE swap, you gain motor with much more potential for power, for probably less than a supercharger or turbo kit. EL Prototypes said it would be about 2800 for the motor and swap..it's certainly an option to think about.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BeQuietAndDrive
I know the 1NZ can handle 7-9 psi, but for how long? It hasn't been proveb too long term yet, I don't believe.

With the 4EFTE swap, you gain motor with much more potential for power, for probably less than a supercharger or turbo kit. EL Prototypes said it would be about 2800 for the motor and swap..it's certainly an option to think about.
As for how long the motor will last, the echo guys have been the longest. I know a few on other forums that have been running 9-10psi on a 1nz for a few years. It can handle it, if anything the tranny will give out much faster. But it should with around 9psi last i would think a good 80,000+ miles before anything starts coming up. Probably longer than that. The 1nz-fe is no different than any other boosted motor, as long as you stay safe with psi numbers and the motor is tuned correctly..it will last.

As for the 4EFTE swap, $2,800 for the motor and swap install? Does it line up with our trannys? Or does the motor come with tranny? Also, where is this that i can pick it up for under 3k and have it installed under 3k. Thats a lot of freaking work, i've helped with a motor swap before..of course, motor mounts didn't line up either which made it that much more of a pain. Give me more information and i'll think about it. But the 1nz can handle a safe amount of PSI. When the XB first came out, like the first 100 or 200 sold had Blitz Superchargers. Blitz is running i believe same psi p/e is. If Toyota didn't think the motor would last, i wouldn't think they would have sold them with it. *Shrug*

Cya
Old 11-13-2005, 11:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Where did you get your Blitz SC from? how long ago did you order it and how long did it take to arrive?
I has one of those things on back order for 5 months, I finally gave up on it, Im waiting on the PE300, hopefully it will be here in a week or two, I ordered it on 10/28
Killer, good luck with your project, hope all goes smoothly
Old 11-13-2005, 11:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Xbilly
Where did you get your Blitz SC from? how long ago did you order it and how long did it take to arrive?
I has one of those things on back order for 5 months, I finally gave up on it, Im waiting on the PE300, hopefully it will be here in a week or two, I ordered it on 10/28
Killer, good luck with your project, hope all goes smoothly
Thank you. Its been a work in progress for over a year now, going from all kinds of looks. Just show, to some go, to setting it up for 1/4, to street-track, to strictly street, to autox/road course/daily driver. I hope this time next year to have it 90% done. Its been exciting, my first time tuning an automatic. Hopefully will be fun for a few more years of driving it before i start looking at something else.

Good luck on yours.

Cya
Old 11-14-2005, 01:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I got the Blitz from Istoreparts.com (see link). They had the best price ($2765)

http://www.istoreparts.com/product_i...ducts_id=13283

It took about 3 ½ months to get it in. The problem was with Blitz. They had been on
national backorder for a long time. The US distributor couldn’t get them out of Japan.
I have it now, but I’ve been slow getting it installed. I have had the intake manifold and
several of the external parts powder coated yellow. I just picked them up on Friday and
they look great. Now I’m waiting for my brother in-law to have the time to help me install
it. It should be running by Thanksgiving.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by killerxromances
As for the 4EFTE swap, $2,800 for the motor and swap install? Does it line up with our trannys? Or does the motor come with tranny? Also, where is this that i can pick it up for under 3k and have it installed under 3k. Thats a lot of freaking work, i've helped with a motor swap before..of course, motor mounts didn't line up either which made it that much more of a pain. Give me more information and i'll think about it. But the 1nz can handle a safe amount of PSI. When the XB first came out, like the first 100 or 200 sold had Blitz Superchargers. Blitz is running i believe same psi p/e is. If Toyota didn't think the motor would last, i wouldn't think they would have sold them with it. *Shrug*

Cya
EL Prototypes is working on a swap kit to include mounts, wiring needs, etc. You can source a front clip easilly, usually they go for around 800-1200 bucks. The rest is up to you.

Quick Reply: 2006 killerxromances goes boost!