Notices

Help with 06 s/c install

Old 07-16-2010, 02:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Help with 06 s/c install

i have recently aquired a greddy blower but i have some questions. i would take it to a shop but im currently stationed in england and since the scion brand is non exsistant over here i dont trust it being done by a shop. i also would like to do it all myself cause i am a hands on kind of guy. as far a the rewire for the 06 im not to sure on whats going on there, i have looked it up already but if someone could paint a clearer picture for me, id appretiate that. i am somewhat mechanically inclined but i have no idea how to bleed a a radiator nor check the belts for tension, everything else is cake. thanks for help
Old 07-18-2010, 05:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

there are some direction on the greddy website you can down load... the pictures suck... but the written part should be able to tell ya what you need to know.

to drain the radiator there is a 17mm ( i think) plastic plug about dead center bottom of the radiator. undo that and the cap on the top to drain. once empty remember to put them back on.

hardest part was getting the alt off. not a whole lotta room to get the bottom bolt out, but can be done. and then once thats out.. mine took some wiggling yanking, swearing and a bit of blood to get that off.

for the belts supposedly there's a took you could rent/find to measure the tension on it. my friend who helped me on it said you want it tight enough so that when you try and twist it, it twists very little like 1/16 of a turn or so with your fingers (i'm sure some1 will come back and dispute that method) once i get it on the road and driven some i'm sure i'll have to go back and recheck/adjust it some.

as far as plugging in the e-manage its really easy... hard part maybe trying to get all nice and hidden but pull out your glove box, it pretty much snaps in/out of place just give it a good yank. you'll see the stock ecu under there with 4-5 big plugs they fit into the e-manage only one way so hard to mess that up.

i have some pics in my thread Tikibox s/c install same section as this
Old 07-22-2010, 12:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

mijos, are you asking about rewiring an'05 emanage for an '06? Even though the plugs are identical and they're only one year apart, almost every wire is different.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...l+2006+install

try that link. Vettereddie wrote the book on that. Helped me tremendously.
Dennis
Old 08-09-2010, 02:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i looked that up as well as for some visuals, almost like a step by step guide, i really do not want to mess this up