Notices

Yaris Blitz Supercharger?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 05:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Yaris Blitz Supercharger?

So I've been talking to a guy who owns a Yaris and is selling his Blitz Supercharger for a good price. I know we have the same motors, so it in theory it should work. I'm thinking I'd probably have to get different engine management, since our ECU's are probably different. But maybe not, maybe it'd just be connecting it to the different wires on the xB. I'm thinking that Blitz wouldn't have changed the actual blower case itself. I've looked online to find out if they are different part numbers for the whole unit itself and they are. I'm just wondering if anyone has researched this at all or knows anything about it. I've tried looking here and on ClubxB for some threads on it and can't find anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
Scikotics
SL Member

If you decide not to get the supercharger, please let me know. I would take it.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by borozinski
So I've been talking to a guy who owns a Yaris and is selling his Blitz Supercharger for a good price. I know we have the same motors, so it in theory it should work. I'm thinking I'd probably have to get different engine management, since our ECU's are probably different. But maybe not, maybe it'd just be connecting it to the different wires on the xB. I'm thinking that Blitz wouldn't have changed the actual blower case itself. I've looked online to find out if they are different part numbers for the whole unit itself and they are. I'm just wondering if anyone has researched this at all or knows anything about it. I've tried looking here and on ClubxB for some threads on it and can't find anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The yaris uses a 4 bolt throttle body with throttle by wire and ours are 3 bolt with a throttle cable. To fix that you'd have to cut off the flange for the t.b mount and get the proper one made up and welded on. Not that easy. I think you would just have to wire in the fuel controller differently, might not need a whole management system but not 100% on that one. I have the Greddy kit made for the xb on my echo
Old 11-17-2010, 03:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The throttle body would actually be even easier than that. Came to find that out after some more research on a Yaris forum. The Yaris people swap their TB's for the 1zz, just like us xB people swap our TB's with. So in a sense it would just make my 1zz TB swap even easier, since it's the same bolt pattern, it'd just be swapping a sensor and I'd be good to go. I would rather go with different engine management than the Blitz controller anyways. So I wouldn't see that as a big deal. I guess it really comes down to if I want a project, that could in turn, come out to be a little more money. Guess I gotta figure out if I even wanna mess with it or not. We'll see.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by johnny_vitz
The yaris uses a 4 bolt throttle body with throttle by wire and ours are 3 bolt with a throttle cable. To fix that you'd have to cut off the flange for the t.b mount and get the proper one made up and welded on. Not that easy. I think you would just have to wire in the fuel controller differently, might not need a whole management system but not 100% on that one. I have the Greddy kit made for the xb on my echo

You have a supercharged echo? Thats awesome. lol
Old 11-18-2010, 02:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The echo must be a crazy monster...I can't imagine...very cool!