Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

audio system installed with audioformz enclosure

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 12:49 PM
5 Year Member

Default audio system installed with audioformz enclosure

Installed a new system.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4286821837

Pics of new audioformz enclosure. I went with a mellow audio system, but high quality. I' m very happy with the end result. The single 10 in the auiformz enclosure hits amazing (i had a single 10" orion XR3 with 1.2 cu fiberglass enclosure in the blue truck in the pictures to compare the Memphis M-class 10" and audioformz enclosure with).

Both amps fit nicely under the passenger seat.

No modifications/customizations required for sytem install.

Good system if your looking for sound quality upgrade, but have moderate budget and don't want to lose any cargo space.

All mods listed in profile.

Lemme know what you think.

-count
Old 05-20-2004, 01:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

clean install

did they give you a grill for the sub?

or can you install one?
Old 05-20-2004, 01:29 PM
5 Year Member

didn't get a grill.

can definitely add one very easily with the audioformz kit for mounting the sub in the enclosure.

The lip on the enclosre gives some protection from rolling groceries and things of the sort.

i'm looking for a nice grill though...
bsides the standard waffle, skiny bars, kicker and audiobahn I haven't seen any grills that catch my eye...i welcome any suggestions

otherwise i have the back floor mat i can throw on top of the eclosure/sub anytime I need to.
Old 05-20-2004, 01:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScioNRG

Nice system, I'm installing my Audioformz enclosure this weekend. I'm having mine carpeted instead of painted for durability purposes, but it looks damn sweet painted though. Any installation quirks you ran into that the rest of us that bought the box should look out for -- unwanted vibrations, etc.?
Old 05-20-2004, 01:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looks good bro! I have the same audioformz box. I am going to be using a 10w6AE JL Audio. How much did it cost you to get the enclosure painted? I am waiting until I receive my headunit before I install the enclosure.
Old 05-20-2004, 01:55 PM
5 Year Member

The audioformz enclosure install went sweet.
I used the sub mounting anchors audioformz provides, so I can take the sub out as desired.

I had to use one of the rubber gaskets for the drivers side 'lock ****' to lock tightly.

I recomend leaving about 6-9" of speaker wire slack so you can lift your enclosure without having to unplug it, because it fits in like a glove.

Unfortunately I paid 100 bones for the paint job. They did a great job and had it done same day i dropped it off. I priced other body shops and that was the cheepest.

Only caution I have for install is be careful when you put your sub in the cutout to mark the drill holes, cuz with the lip on the enclosure the sub is very hard to get back out without turning the enclosure upside down.

-count
Old 05-20-2004, 02:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah I know bro, I dropped in the sub and it was a perfect fit but I had a difficult time in taking it out. Yeah I am looking for places to get it painted and people are charging outrageous prices from 150-250 dollars. When I get it installed I will be sure to post pics. Thanks for the advice. :D
Old 05-20-2004, 04:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Parts express has a real nice differant grill thats tough looking.. check it out I think this is for a 12 but search a little i know they have them for a 10..wish I was using round subs so I could use this grill
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshow...051204-260-442
Old 05-20-2004, 11:19 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by silkywilson
Parts express has a real nice differant grill thats tough looking.. check it out I think this is for a 12 but search a little i know they have them for a 10..wish I was using round subs so I could use this grill
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshow...051204-260-442
thanks, i've seen that one before. it was the one i was referring to as 'skiny bars' above.

any other suggestions from peeps?
Old 05-21-2004, 12:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

looks good!
Old 05-21-2004, 01:12 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Looks damn nice.

Have they given any update on the drivers side one to match? Would look very nice having it look almost solid along the back. :D
Old 05-21-2004, 02:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think ronnie was offering the same grill. How about the kicker grill

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-eVRXon7...h=kicker+grill

They offer one unpainted and the die-cast aluminum as seen in the link.
Old 05-21-2004, 05:35 PM
5 Year Member

Ya, I'm leaning towards the kicker grill myself.

As for the driver's side enclosure, Audioformz said their working on both an amp rack and 10" enclosure (one or the other not together). The amp rack options is nice as it is hard to find a stealth location for most amps.

I have to agree...another 10" enclosure would look awesome...but I don't think I would want that much bass (purely a personal opinion), my 10" Memphis sub and enclosure are hitting harder than I ever expected...with only 150w goin to the sub.

I'm hoping Ronnie from audioformz will check this post and give some updates himself.
Old 05-21-2004, 05:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

What was the price on the Audioformz again??
Old 05-22-2004, 02:55 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by scionmilktruck
What was the price on the Audioformz again??
first 10 buyers gotz it for 199.99. shipping included
I think Ronnie is still honoring 249.99, but I would check with him at audioformz@aol.com
Old 05-22-2004, 06:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hi Guys,

Sorry I'm just now getting around to posting. I just got in from another late night round of working on my xB audio install.

I must say that is one sweet enclosure! Love the paint job. Well done. Glad to hear the install went well.

As far as a subwoofer grill is concerned, the 10" bar grill from parts express fits great with my enclosure, wont interfere with high excursion subs, its easy to install, and affordable. I sale it for $10 in chrome or black. The speakerworks grill by Tsunami is another sweet grill that looks awesome but its $$$ (around $30). I think parts express sales this grill too.

I finally got some info for all of those who were interested in painted enclosures. I have teamed up with a local paint shop that does some great work and, he has agreed to paint my enclosures. So starting next week, I will be offering our enclosures in all of the xB's factory paints, including Hot Lava! Cost will vary based on the color. Hot Lava and Black Cherry are the most $$$ two. On average, the cost will an additional $75 or so, which is a great price. Those who have shopped around know this.

We are in the process of building a new website which will have info regarding our xB enclosures and also let you purchase them. In the meantime, I will be opening an AudioFormz ebay store soon, which will allow you to purchase this enclosure and some of our other AudioFormz products as well. Our ebay store should be open within the week. I'll keep you all posted. The average price of our painted xB enclosure will be around $299.

Last but not least, we are in the process of building an amp rack that will be located next to our enclosure. I'm hoping they will be available within the next month or so. After that will follow are driver's side 10" enclosure. I am also getting ready to release another design of our current passenger's side enclosure. The enclosure is the same but the baffle is a more aggressive design that will accommodate subs with larger mounting depths, up to 6.5"! These should be available within the next two weeks.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to contact me via email, phone or just post here, and I will try to respond ASAP.

Keep Jammin,

--Ronnie
www.audioformz.com
888-254-2826
Old 05-22-2004, 06:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

sweet looking! What brand of headunit is that?
Old 05-22-2004, 01:22 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by 1hotxb
sweet looking! What brand of headunit is that?
Clarion DZX945MP

Not the cheapest, but I love it. I perosnnaly think its worth the extra $$, as my wife has a very similar system with the Clarion 845 and the 945 makes a serious difference (even though the 845 is a great HU as well).

AND...Thanks for the update Ronnie!