Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

BMW headlights

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 11:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default BMW headlights

What do you think of the BMW-like headlights on the tC?

I love the BMW headlights on BMWs. But Im not sure how I feel about them on the tC.
Old 03-17-2004, 02:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Don't like em but they're livable.
Old 03-17-2004, 02:21 AM
5 Year Member

I think they fit very well with the front. Wish they had HID though.
Old 03-17-2004, 02:24 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I actually like them a lot. They give the car a nice upscale look. I swear the Scion TC is going to be one of those cars everyone is going to think you paid a lot more for it then you did.
Old 03-17-2004, 02:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Rousterfar
I actually like them a lot. They give the car a nice upscale look. I swear the Scion TC is going to be one of those cars everyone is going to think you paid a lot more for it then you did.
except it looks like a saturn ION
Old 03-17-2004, 07:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it doesnt look like the saturn ion. at least to me it doesnt.

btw, have any of you seen the commercials of the saturn ion where things are bumping into the car and there is no dents? i want to soo much to go to the saturn dealers and kick one of the ions and see if it really doesnt dent and if it does, ill blame it on the commercials.
Old 03-17-2004, 07:08 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ugfuglious... Werd!
Old 03-18-2004, 02:42 AM
jjp
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Not bad

I think the headlights look fine... but they definately lack soul and character. Just another Japanes photocopy.

Lotsa people say that Toyotas/Hondas are great cars, but lack soul and heritage. I don't entirely agree with that, but the lack of original lines anywhere on the tC definately alludes to this point of view.

DNA=BMW, A4, 350Z...

I really see lines from the 350z on this thing from several angles, especially the back. Then again, where is the Z car in a 350z...
Old 03-18-2004, 02:58 AM
5 Year Member

I have to agree with who said it earlier that the tc in some aspects does remind me of the saturn ion... I think someone posted in another thread two pictures of the rear view of the tc and the ion and they're nearly identical... Thats one of the things I never liked about the tc and that was the rear and how it looked wayyyy too much like the ion. Hopefully they put in some different taillights. The tc while no means a ugly, unattractive car does lack that x factor that 'soul'. I really do think that the front air damn atleast in the pictures at certain angles, makes the tc very arkward looking. They should have just gone with a traditional front w/o a grill or air damn a la the supra. my 2 cents.
Old 03-18-2004, 07:10 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's really stupid how a bunch of people (please I don't have any specific names here so it's not meant as a flame) have gripes about how a car looks from the factory, but if someone does something about it with aftermarket parts then it's considered RICE...

It's like if someone didn't like the way the BMW lights look, wait and see if Morretts make a kit for us and replace them... But then by that time, it'll be RICE...

Then if someone don't like the rear bumper, kit it... Same with adding sideskirts which IMO this car needs... But then again, it'll be RICE...

I just have to rant because this isn't the first time a new car is on the market where most everyone had something to say about how the car SHOULD look, but then when the car comes out and people start posting pics with modifications to change those very issues posted before the car was out, it is rice...

A spoiler on a FWD car IS rice IMO, and there are others, but when people complain about lights and stickers or decals being rice... It's just pretty hypocritical...

-rant off

Still I think the BMW lights are ugfuglious... The angle eyes were SOOOO much better than these POS lights they make now...
Old 03-18-2004, 08:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by KAuss
It's really stupid how a bunch of people (please I don't have any specific names here so it's not meant as a flame) have gripes about how a car looks from the factory, but if someone does something about it with aftermarket parts then it's considered RICE...

It's like if someone didn't like the way the BMW lights look, wait and see if Morretts make a kit for us and replace them... But then by that time, it'll be RICE...

Then if someone don't like the rear bumper, kit it... Same with adding sideskirts which IMO this car needs... But then again, it'll be RICE...

I just have to rant because this isn't the first time a new car is on the market where most everyone had something to say about how the car SHOULD look, but then when the car comes out and people start posting pics with modifications to change those very issues posted before the car was out, it is rice...

A spoiler on a FWD car IS rice IMO, and there are others, but when people complain about lights and stickers or decals being rice... It's just pretty hypocritical...

-rant off

Still I think the BMW lights are ugfuglious... The angle eyes were SOOOO much better than these POS lights they make now...
i agree. people complain and complain about how a car looks from the factory and then somebody does an extrior mod to it, its considered rice. even if its just a simple looking bodykit.
Old 03-18-2004, 09:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default ever rub a cat the wrong way

I like those lights on the tC much better than the BMW, for some reason the new 5 series rubs me the wrong way...
Old 03-18-2004, 06:08 PM
jjp
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Crazy

I must be crazy... but the new BMW lights look like the lights on the ION Quad-coupe. Either that or I am just confused, not insane.
Old 03-18-2004, 06:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default Re: Not bad

Originally Posted by jjp
Then again, where is the Z car in a 350z...
I have to disagree there- I think the 350 says Z car very well. Maybe not so much with the 300's, but definately an evolution of the 240, 260, and 280 styles