Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Changing Horn. Factory Bazooka Installation.

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 03:43 PM
5 Year Member

Default Changing Horn. Factory Bazooka Installation.

Has anyone changed their stock horn? I was looking at the PIAA automotive sport horn, but was wondering how difficult it would be to change the horn and if this horn acutally sounds good.

Also, did anyone get the factory Bazooka put in? I was thinking of doing that because I liked the way it just blended into the hatch. Does it take a lot of space? Does it sound nice?

Thanks,

Slacker908
Old 06-29-2005, 04:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Check www.scionlife.com/tech for the CRxB's Hella Horn install on his tC.
Old 06-30-2005, 03:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey slacker. I have the bazooka and I'm actually going to the dealer tomorrow because after what I suspected and others confirm, it appears to be a REALLY crappy install. Not entirely sure if I want to try a second one in case this was just a dud or not. I LOVE that I still get 95% of my trunk, but I'm not impressed with the way they positioned it, the sound quality or the fact it bottoms out even when my SSP setting is "Neutral" and my Bass setting is "-5"

I'm short on cash right now so I'm half wanting to just return it and get the $ back... spend $200 of it having a friend do something custom and have the rest for bills, or to just go for a round 2 and not press it.

Suggestions?
I have an appt. at 9am tomorrow
Old 06-30-2005, 12:37 PM
5 Year Member

Thanks man, that was the type of info I was looking for. Unfortunately, I don't really know much about car stereo equipment and was looking for an easy way out. I guess I'll have to go to Circuit City and pick something else out. Are Bazooka's any good at all? I'm looking for a decent cheap solution that will still give me good room back there.

What type of stock speakers are in the TC? Am I just going to blow these out just like I have with every other stock speaker in my other cars or are these good ones?

-Slacker-
Old 06-30-2005, 06:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i had the bazooka thing-what i did today was take out the sub from the enclosure and put in a kicker comp 10" sub. fit in prefectly and sounds a zillion times better. i was gonna have someone build me a custom enclosure that fit like the bazooka, but it would've cost me around $300 or more. they sell the thing online for around $250. i needed the trunk space also, which is why i even bought the thing. if u're not worried about the trunk space, definitely get something different. it's not all that great.
Old 06-30-2005, 06:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by InTheWASide
Hey slacker. I have the bazooka and I'm actually going to the dealer tomorrow because after what I suspected and others confirm, it appears to be a REALLY crappy install. Not entirely sure if I want to try a second one in case this was just a dud or not. I LOVE that I still get 95% of my trunk, but I'm not impressed with the way they positioned it, the sound quality or the fact it bottoms out even when my SSP setting is "Neutral" and my Bass setting is "-5"

I'm short on cash right now so I'm half wanting to just return it and get the $ back... spend $200 of it having a friend do something custom and have the rest for bills, or to just go for a round 2 and not press it.

Suggestions?
I have an appt. at 9am tomorrow
My first install was crappy from the dealer so I made them redo it so it lined up correctly. I run mine at -2 bass on Feel and it does well, doesnt bottom out unless I am running the volume at around 50. Make sure you have the gain on the sub set correctly, you have to pull the speaker grill off to get to the ****.

It sounds decent for normal to moderately loud listening. Definitely better than most oems I have heard. I will most likely build my own fiberglass box later, but this is fine in the meantime.