Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Crazy Power lock isue.

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 02:49 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Crazy Power lock isue.

Hi everyone . I have 2 1st gen XBs with that same 2 issues.
Issue 1, occasionally when I lock the doors with the key fob the locks continue to cycle relocking over and over in quick succession "click, click, click, click" the only way I can stop this is by repeatedly pushing the unlock button and sometimes have to resort to using the key( this never occurs if I lock the door with the key only the remote). If I'm not paying attention or its loud outside and don't remedy the issue the locks will cycle indefinitely. This happens on both cars, one much worse then the other. Any suggestions?

The second problem (and this may be related) is something I have heard is a problem with this model, but have yet to find a cure. It started when a passenger "Jump the gun" trying to unlock the door manually while I'm hitting the unlock switch. The passenger lock sticks in a halfway position and the door remains locked. Now this happens off and on without the interference of the passenger.The cure for this often requires me to open the passenger window and using a key from the outside while working the door lock up and down repeatedly, a potentially hazardous condition (that is also a PITA.) Because this is occurs on both my XB's I'm hoping someone with a similar problem has found a remedy.