Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

DDX 7015 Shutting Down

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 12:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default DDX 7015 Shutting Down

Ok just recently I have started to have this problem with my Kenwood DDX 7015. The whole monitor and everything will just shut down. I notice when I hit the re-set button it starts back up and everything is fine except for having to reprogram everything. One time was ok but now it is starting to happen on a regular basis. (2 times in 3 days) Oddly I notice it occurs when I am backing up into a parking spot.

Any ideas as to why this could be happening? I thought there could be a short when I used the wiring harness but I soldered the wires and used shrink tubing. I am 100% nothing is exposed. I may cut the harness off and re-do it just to make sure.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Anyone? I know others have this head-unit.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bring it back from where u bought it from or else call the factory and try to ge tthem to fix it.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Did you install it yourself? You may have a loose power wire connection
Old 12-21-2005, 03:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea I did it myself. I haven't had time to pull it out. I have pulled the unit out so many times its possible it got loose.

But I don't think it is the power wire. While the power does shut off the "alarm" light that blinks stays on in the front. So power is getting to it somehow unless it is another method.

I may just cut the harness off and re-solder it all again if I don't see anything noticeable.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The stereo has 2 power wires. Remember the 2 yellow wires? Maybe one of them is not connected well since you may have spliced them together. I know without both of them the unit doesn't power up properly and since one is connected, that could explain the blinking light still working.

At first I thought perhaps you wired in the reverse camera input but just looked at my manual and didn't see an input for it.

I suspect either loose power wire (yellow) or loose ignition wire (red). Both of those could potentially cause the problems and symptoms you are seeing. It might not be your soldering job either. Since you've had it off so many times, it could be that the aftermarket harness you have (check to make sure all wires are firmly in the socket on the aftermarket harness).

Good luck!
Old 01-12-2006, 04:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks I haven't had time for a few weeks to look at it but I will check this out. Although today it shut down on me 5 times lol I went to restart it and it would restart fine but as soon as I selected Sirius or Tuner it would shut down.