Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Dead stereo. Q Re:fuses/stereo (2004 Xa)

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 05:58 PM
5 Year Member

Default Dead stereo. Q Re:fuses/stereo (2004 Xa)

We fried some electrical in our little old 2004 Scion XA. Our mechanic took care of the major issues and replaced blown fuses in under the dash and the fuse box in the engine compartment.

The mechanic said that it could be a relay fuse behind the stereo in the dash. Is there a fuse behind the stereo?

If this is the case I can do that myself. I can dc my battery, open up the dash and take care of it. I just cannot find any info on if there is one and if so what size I should buy to fix it. If you know if there is and what size of fuse I should get please let me know. I am so lost! Google searching did not pay off for answers.

Can anyone please help a lady who just wants to be able to listen to "Wheels on the bus" over and over and over and over and over...

/palmface
/palmface
/palmface
/palmface
Old 04-23-2013, 02:57 AM
5 Year Member

Is the main issue that there is still no power to the radio or the radio doesnt turn on??

if so you may want to remove the radio and test to see if there is constant 12v and ignition turn on (has 12v when the key is in the on position) if either does not have power there is still a fuse that is not making a connection which should be in the fuse boxes under the hood or in the cab. if they both get power then it could be the radio had been shorted in which case you may need to replace the radio, or you could have it repaired but they may be the same cost as a replacement radio.