Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

delphi sky fi

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 02:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Default delphi sky fi

I recently had the delphi sky fi xm module installed in my car. Now, every time I crank my car I have to listen to static because it does not power on when my car does.
My previous xm controller (the original pioneer) would power up when i cranked my car. Any body familiar with this?
Old 04-12-2004, 04:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Re: delphi sky fi

Originally Posted by codenhead
I recently had the delphi sky fi xm module installed in my car. Now, every time I crank my car I have to listen to static because it does not power on when my car does.
My previous xm controller (the original pioneer) would power up when i cranked my car. Any body familiar with this?
yeah I install those on a daily basis. unfortunately they don't have an "instant on" when your in ignition. your old pioneer had 12v, Ign, and ground which powers up automatically once the unit senses Ign while the delphi only has Ign and ground. if you can still return the unit I would exchange it for a terk xm commander. click HERE only draw back is you can't take it around with you like the delphi.

hope this helps,
hubert
Old 04-12-2004, 04:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Yea, one of the major drawbacks of the Skyfi unit is it does not power on when you turn on the car. But don't worry, there is a solution! There are two options. Your tear open you skyfi and ghetto rig it so it's power is always on when there is a 12v power source. I personally wouldn't recommend this. If you plan on taking it into the house, the only way you could power down the unit is to unplug it. The second option is to buy this accessory.

http://store.myradiostore.com/auonadforsk.html

I don't have one, but as i understand when you turn on your car, the unit sends a IR signal to your skyfi and powers it up for you. For me, i'd rather just hit power and save $32+ s/h. One of the best things about the skyfi is it's portability. That's pretty much the only reason why i did not get the terk unit. Hope i helped!
Old 04-12-2004, 05:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Default thanks

thanks for the replies and the helpful solutions
Old 04-12-2004, 08:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

no prob man that's what this forum is all about. I think SnyperP's solution is better with the IR if you really want the unit to turn on with Ign and still have the option of portability.

BTW welcome to the forums,
Hubert
Old 04-12-2004, 03:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScioNRG

Hey,
Where did you install it, I'm trying to think of a nice clean place to put my Delphi unit, maybe in the dead space in between the visors. Any ideas would be appreciated.