Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

fuse problem , need help quick!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 10:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS

Default fuse problem , need help quick!!!!!!!!

hey guys, you know that little red box that hooks up to your positive side of the battery, well in that box there are fuses, well i blew the fuse that goes to the alternator now i have no power and cant drive the xb, it is a 120 amp fuse and i went to the dealer and they did not have any in stock, and there on back order i have called and searched the entire new england area with no luck, this fuse is about $5.00 if someone could find some i will take 10 of them and pay thru paypal.......can some one help me ..........

please help........... ...................i need to move my xb so i can work on it.....
Old 02-11-2005, 03:43 PM
Banned
SL Member

did you try an auto parts store? you could put in a lower amperage fuse to limp by til you get the real thing.
Old 02-11-2005, 04:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

If he hasn't gotten one yet, he was better off ordering one at the dealership and waiting...
Old 02-11-2005, 06:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

pop out the little glass window on the fuse jam a screwdriver
in there to bridge the gap to join the remaining links should work untill replacements come in and you cant buy that fuse
at a auto parts store
Old 02-11-2005, 06:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

forgot to mention remove the screwdriver after you bend the tab over or if there is not enuff meat drip some sodir in there
Old 02-11-2005, 07:24 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would be very concerned about rigging something to work. Why did the fuse pop in the first place? If something is seriously wrong where there is a short and it needs to be fixed first, then making a straight connection with no fuse is not a good idea at all.
Old 02-11-2005, 07:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

he said he blew the fuse that tells me that whatever he did
to cause that it wont happen again during the course of his work and keep in mind this is only to move the car temporarily ok if you still want safety go buy a 120amp circut braker and wire it inline again a temp fix i have done
that many times to gat a car moveing again yes that is not a good idea im assuming this person knows exactly what caused it but in a bind it works just fine
Old 02-11-2005, 11:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS

thanks for the advice guys, but i got a fuse from the dealer ....and the reason it blew the fuse was a very stupid and careless mistake, i took my battery to the shop to be put on a trickle charge and grabbed a loaner battery off the shelf and did not realize that the negative and positive were in different positions than my my original battery took it for granted and tahts when the fire works started........i bleww a total of 5 fuses....lol everything is fine now...
Old 02-12-2005, 05:44 AM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn dude!!!
Old 02-12-2005, 09:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mrgeorgegarcia
thanks for the advice guys, but i got a fuse from the dealer ....and the reason it blew the fuse was a very stupid and careless mistake, i took my battery to the shop to be put on a trickle charge and grabbed a loaner battery off the shelf and did not realize that the negative and positive were in different positions than my my original battery took it for granted and tahts when the fire works started........i blew a total of 5 fuses....lol everything is fine now...
FYI, Pep Boys has like every fuse imaginable. Anyways glad to hear your back in black. I blew a million fuses trying to solder some LEDs behind the ac console. LOL.