Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

HID help

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 01:47 PM
5 Year Member

Default HID help

I looking to get some hyperwhites or HID for my ride. I want the bmw look. What is the best brand for these?
Old 05-05-2005, 02:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

go with the sylvania silver stars. They are a 4000k color temperature which it pure white. If you want blue than go with the luminics ones. They are like 6000k temp.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:16 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I put a Polarion 5000k kit in my car (i have a bsp scion tc), the 5000k kit has the exact same color as all the lexus' and bmws out there, except it shows up a little brighter on the road, great kit, as bright as it is, i have yet to have a driver flash me for glaring him or her, so that means the polarion guys tell the truth about lining up the arc with the focus of your cars reflective housing.

the kit can be found at http://www.polarionlighting.com/, their main sales page and public relations page is http://www.xenonfactory.com/. The kit will cost you about $600, but it is well worth it, you can see everything. This kit is so bright that you can not see your high beams, except for the part that lights up the trees around you.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Go with a retro and get the exact BMW headlights. A lot better than a kit and way better than just some bulbs...
Old 05-05-2005, 03:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I believe you should read the thread about the DDE headlights in-progress producing by CreativeComapcts?
Old 05-05-2005, 05:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Matt687
I put a Polarion 5000k kit in my car (i have a bsp scion tc), the 5000k kit has the exact same color as all the lexus' and bmws out there, except it shows up a little brighter on the road, great kit, as bright as it is, i have yet to have a driver flash me for glaring him or her, so that means the polarion guys tell the truth about lining up the arc with the focus of your cars reflective housing.

the kit can be found at http://www.polarionlighting.com/, their main sales page and public relations page is http://www.xenonfactory.com/. The kit will cost you about $600, but it is well worth it, you can see everything. This kit is so bright that you can not see your high beams, except for the part that lights up the trees around you.
for $600 you can buy all the OEM parts for a retrofit and have plenty of money left over. i gathered all the retrofit parts for my tc and maxima, total cost is around $600 for both cars. if you look around you can sometime get lucky and get the parts for cheaper than normal. i'd say it normally it cost about $350-400 for OEM projectors, ballasts and bulbs.

and to clarify, all bmw, lexus, audi, etc use 4100k bulb. its a bright, yellowish light outside the projector, but the projector creates the white beam and purple flicker.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

moved...
Old 05-05-2005, 10:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by maximus96
Originally Posted by Matt687

for $600 you can buy all the OEM parts for a retrofit and have plenty of money left over. i gathered all the retrofit parts for my tc and maxima, total cost is around $600 for both cars. if you look around you can sometime get lucky and get the parts for cheaper than normal. i'd say it normally it cost about $350-400 for OEM projectors, ballasts and bulbs.

and to clarify, all bmw, lexus, audi, etc use 4100k bulb. its a bright, yellowish light outside the projector, but the projector creates the white beam and purple flicker.
could you perhaps make a write up (do it yourself) for the site or maybe ____ send me directions!!!????!!!???!!???!!!??? I am super interested in the HID retrofit and i would absolutley be in complete grateful gratitudeness of all holy monsterous lighting god's of yourself forver and forever!!! Please hook a brotha up!!! send me a pm if need be! ____ i'd be willing to send you my stock lights with some cash if you could make me HID'd up man!
Old 05-05-2005, 11:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sad to say, i haven't done my tc yet. i just gathered all the parts and am still working on my maxima. check out this retrofit tho, its very nice, https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=59944
Old 05-06-2005, 01:56 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Maximus you really need to do your homework, not all lexus use projector headlights, the ones with reflectors have a crystal white bulb color, 5000K, and just so you know its not 4000K for projectors, usually 4100-4200K, but even then that will not always provide the white light. it all depends on the bulb, projector lens, etc.