Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Need help. Door won't Open..

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 05:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Need help. Door won't Open..

I have one of the first xB's when they came out. my Rear Driver Door wont open. I have checked my fuses, but still nothing. when I use the remote lock got up and down.
I have tried doing it manually, and still nothing. Has anyone heard of this happening. I have searched and searched the forum and the problems other have had a totally different.

Any ideas?

Last edited by MR_LUV; 07-25-2021 at 06:44 AM. Reason: Awarded 10 Yr Badge
Old 02-04-2008, 06:08 AM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

time to take it to the dealer
Old 02-04-2008, 06:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So it does not open from outside and inside? Can you see if the child lock is engaged by any chance?
Old 02-04-2008, 06:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Reactor
So it does not open from outside and inside? Can you see if the child lock is engaged by any chance?
Nope the door is closed shut it almost seems like it wire from the lock to the handle its gone.
I have noticed that even though the lock goes up and down there is a sound missing. A sound that all the other doors do.

BTW, my warranty is up like i said very first xB's.

___

Last edited by MR_LUV; 07-25-2021 at 06:46 AM. Reason: Awarded 10 Yr Badge
Old 02-04-2008, 07:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

pull the door pannel off, and make sure the locking system is still intact, and nothing looks broke.. there should be a metal rod that connects the lock to the door latch
Old 02-04-2008, 07:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by IH8ONYU
pull the door pannel off, and make sure the locking system is still intact, and nothing looks broke.. there should be a metal rod that connects the lock to the door latch
is there a way of removeing the door panel without opening the door
Old 02-04-2008, 01:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow that realy sucks.
taking the door panel off without opening the door.......?
can't say ive tried that befor
Old 02-04-2008, 04:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

HUMMMM ... bummer yep dealer time. You mite be able to remove the panel by takeing out the the seat then you mite have room.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

EDIT: sorry, after writing another post, telling the owner to use his key in the outside lock, i re-read the original post saying it was the driver REAR door.... no lock there, don't listen to anything i have to say...

yup, lay seat all the way down flat... remove triangle cover over the inside of the side mirror mount. remove screws in the handel, and inside door latch.. get a corner of the door pannel by the pillar - to the rear of the car.. start to pull the pannel up, but be carefull not to remove it all they way or try to take it off, there is still a fastner in the pannel, but you can't see it because the door isn't open. you can get the pannel almost all the way off, enough to get an arm in there, and open up the door. if no go, weld the doors shut and use the windows....
Old 02-04-2008, 10:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok,so i just went out to my box, and it IS possible to get the door pannel off from the inside on the rear door with the door closed, but hot damn is it a pain in the A$$.. my fingers hurt like hell! wish i had a teflon door puller!
techno2gamer, you want to get your self a flat screwdriver, and wrap that puppy up in masking tape.. then start gently working the clips in the door pannel. once you get one or two to pop, you can get a hand in there, and work the whole door pannel. once they are almost all out, try to push the pannel up and over the window channel, keep in mind the door is shut and the bottom will be wedged in betwee the door and the frame gently rock it back and forth till it comes up.. i broke a pin or two, if you do too, go to lowes / hope depot and go to the "fastner" section. look for the "automotive fastners" drawr, and grab yourself a few spare clips..
i feel slightly redeemed now.... but if in doubt, refer to my earlier post where i tell you not to listen to anything i have to say.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

will try if you were going to go through all that trouble. you should have told me and my car could have been your guinea pig, but thank you i feel hope coming back.

i've tried going to the dealer but they were gonna try charging me like $500. then i was like i dont have nationwide on my side for this type of repair.