Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

O/D issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 03:29 PM

Default O/D issues

Heres whats happening... When o/d is engaged I can barely get my xb to 80 mph... When its not, I'm not even going to try! So dont ask... But, next problem, my o/d off indicator light isn't coming on when I disengage o/d... Whats going on? Advice?
Old 02-26-2013, 12:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The car doesn't have enough power to get to 80? Based on the limited information you gave, sounds like you have a rather serious problem with the engine or transmission. Take it to a mechanic and have them check it out. If you give more information, I might be able to give you a revised answer, but it doesn't sound like something you'll be able to fix yourself.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:37 PM

Actually I did fix it myself... There wasnt an issue of power. It hit 80 no problem, but accelerator wouldn't go any farther. Turns out, just a connector in the wrong place. Moved and reconnected the hookup, no problem topping it easily. Still the issue of the indicator light. Haven't pulled off the dash to check the light, but since I have no reason to disengage the o/d and its automatically on when you start the car, I'm not too concerned. Shifts through all gears when engaged, only 3 when disengaged so all thats great. Just can't figure out what the reason for the light issue would be, besides simply a shot light. Any ideas?
Old 03-01-2013, 02:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JLNeely
Actually I did fix it myself... There wasnt an issue of power. It hit 80 no problem, but accelerator wouldn't go any farther. Turns out, just a connector in the wrong place. Moved and reconnected the hookup, no problem topping it easily. Still the issue of the indicator light. Haven't pulled off the dash to check the light, but since I have no reason to disengage the o/d and its automatically on when you start the car, I'm not too concerned. Shifts through all gears when engaged, only 3 when disengaged so all thats great. Just can't figure out what the reason for the light issue would be, besides simply a shot light. Any ideas?
Which connector was in the wrong place, and how did it get there?
Its possible the bulb has burnt out, our cars are reaching the age where these little things start happening.