Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Please help, Broken Neon Underglow Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 03:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Please help, Broken Neon Underglow Kit

So I just got a new set of APC (American Products Co) blue neon under glow, and accidentally cracked the back 36” tube while installing it. The wiring is all set, I just need the tube. I tried going back to Kragen Auto Parts, and they were less than helpful. (He did offer to sell me another set. ) I plan to try calling around this week to see if I can find a different store to order the part, but thought I should check if anyone here had any recommendations first.

This is my first underglow. I’m assuming that these are brand specific, but maybe there’s a generic I can use? I can’t even seem to find the website for the manufacturer. Here is the info from the box: APC (American Products Co) 506556B Neon Under Car Kit 4 p blue, barcode: 688278983784.

Love how the front and sides look, (I'll try to post some 'pics once I have more done) please help me get my back to glow!

BTW, sorry if this was covered in another thread; I did try looking.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok, now this is getting ridiculous!

I finally got a hold of the manufacturer @ 1-800-594-4272 and Paul there tells me that APC doesn’t offer replacement bulbs. I’ll just have to go and buy a whole new kit. When I told him it was damaged during install he wants to know why I expect them to give me a new bulb. I explain I don’t -- I want to BUY one. When I ask why other companies offer replacement bulbs he says he “doesn’t know why APC doesn’t, they just don’t.” He tells me “when you buy a lamp and you break it you have to go buy a new one.” To which I respond, “When I buy a lamp and the bulb burns out I go buy a new LIGHT BULB, not a new lamp!” Paul is clearly not my friend. When I ask to speak to a supervisor he refuses and says that he is one.

According to the parts guy at a local store I might be able to use another manufacture’s neon, but will probably have to alter the wiring harness and/ or clips to make it fit.

Seriously, I hear about tubes burning out and cracking all the time. Does everyone really go out and drop $100+ when this happens? If so anyone else want to go in on a new kit & split parts?

I'll never buy anything else from these buttholes again!

Here’s the company website:
http://americanproductscompany.com
Old 06-19-2006, 08:38 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

that's the gamble with having neons.. you break.. you pay.

that's why many people use LED setups now.... drag across the ground, hit it with a basball bat, run it over with a car, and my set will be fine. not to mention it uses less power.
know your limits of the products you get.

and esp. with APC.... the rice product capitol.... you get what you pay for... sorry that your first experience was not a great one. as long as you learn your lesson and never buy APC (aka A Piece of Crap!) again!!

you'll find many other great lighting products recommended throughout this site.... mainly LED setups.

though some individuals are still neon enthusiasts, they do understand the risks involved

but anyway... at this point i think you're at a loss... find your way to either oznium or varad. both very reputable with great LED products
Old 06-19-2006, 08:43 PM
Banned
KAD
Scikotics
SL Member

Should have bought the ones that came in the protective casing...like mine...