Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

xA confirmed wiring info project - ongoing, please help

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 05:01 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default xA confirmed wiring info project - ongoing, please help

I'm starting this thread as a reaction to the number of hours I spent trying to install an alarm system into my car. A lack of difinitive, accurate information meant that I had to do a lot of multi-meter probing, as well as enlisting the aid of a number of other people here on ScionLife via PM. There is a wiring color-chart here and more info here but neither of those pages accurately represent the wiring in my 2005 xA.

Therefore, I'm starting this long-term 'project' to not only correctly LIST wiring colors, but to SHOW them as well. My concern is when you read a post like "Then hook it to the blue wire, it'll work" that they're basing that statement off of a list they read somewhere or from wiring colors that don't match everybody elses wiring. Additionally, having a VISUAL representation of the plugs/harnesses/jacks can potentially help people locate the wire they're looking for, even if the color coding in their car is different.

Based on all the information that conflicts with my own car's wiring colors, I'm starting to believe that the wiring colors in cars even within the same model and year are not necessarily identical. Therefore, I would ask anybody who contributes to this thread to be specific about what vehicle they are referring to.

My hope is that people will contribute first-hand information AND photographs and/or diagrams. If you want to contribute ASCII representations, like:

Red w/ blue........Blue w/ yellow
BIG blue.............Red w/ black
...........................Green w/ black
Red w/ blue........Green
That's fine as well. I will add information to this thread as I personally gather it, but I really hope that other people will contribute. The info compiled here will help anybody who is doing their own upgrades from alarms, to lights to stereo systems etc. If you know the wiring, colors and/or purpose of a wire in your vehicle, take a picture, post it and let us know. If you see a wire, plug or harness in this thread that is different from what is in your vehicle, please post the details of your car and how the colors or uses of the wiring is different.

Okay, I'll start the ball rolling in the next post.

Thanks for any help on this project
Old 08-14-2005, 05:01 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

CAR INFO WAS GATHERED FROM: 2005 xA RS2 with side airbags
LOCATION OF WIRING: Driver's side kick panel
SPECIFIC HARNESS, PLUG or JACK: 14-pin plug
PURPOSE OF WIRING: Lock/unlock doors & ?????
SPECIFIC USES: Wire #12 [brown with white] - lock door trigger
Wire #13 [green with white] - unlock door trigger (single pulse?)

click thumbnails for larger pics

This is a photo of the 14-pin plug and where it is located.

Old 08-16-2005, 04:25 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here is a diagram of the entire fuse box. The diagram isn't complete as I had to put my car back together to drive it today, but I will try to get all the additional wiring colors in the near future.

Again, any info is appreciated. If you know for a fact what any one of these fuses or wires connects to, let us know.

CAR INFO WAS GATHERED FROM: 2005 xA RS2 with side airbags
LOCATION OF WIRING: Fuse Box
SPECIFIC HARNESS, PLUG or JACK: A lot of them + fuses
PURPOSE OF WIRING:
SPECIFIC USES: