Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

xA - Where to put a Sub and an Amp?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 08:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default xA - Where to put a Sub and an Amp?

Love my ride, but I carry enough stuff to fill the way back.

Now, I'm upgrading my sound system (new speakers, a sub and an amp) and need to figure out where people put the sub and the amp if there's no room way back.

Help!!??

J
Old 04-20-2006, 08:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Look a few threads down, quarter wave designs has come out with an 8" sub box that goes in under your seats for about $99. You can get a nice size punch out of some 8" woofers when properly powered, at which point you will then have a massager. If you get one, then you can mount the amp underneat the adjacent seat. The best part about this is that it's pretty much stealth, so it won't stick out like a soar thumb to crooks and it will leave you with all of your original cargo space! They also custom make enclosures that pop into the spare tire well that can accomodate up to two 12/10" subs IIRC. A little more pricey though (I've heard around $300, but well worth it.) Only thing with this is that you'll have to protect the subs with some kind of grill if your going to be hauling stuff. Hope this helps, as I've been in the same boat lately as far as covertly and properly adding a good substage to the xA. I've decided to add an 8" under seat and pack it with an MA Audio 8" 400w comp woofer once cash allows for it...