Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

brackets for wing?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 04:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Default brackets for wing?

besides double sided tape what brackets have you used to keep your wing on to your hatch?
i have an affections wing...kind of like a fabulous wing or the bbist wing. what bracket is used and where can i find one?
thanks for any help
Old 05-21-2007, 05:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Most people are only using double stick... the 3m red stuff is exceptionally strong.

This stuff is new... instead of foam impregnated with adhesive, it's a solid piece of acrylic adhesive.
http://www.loctiteproducts.com/produ...d=185&plid=748
Old 05-21-2007, 05:17 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

whatever you do, do not use the cement kind
Old 05-21-2007, 05:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

bbist sells some clips just call them up they work great i had a hard time with just using tape to hold my carbon wing on i need more asurance it wasnt coming off
Old 05-21-2007, 05:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

thanks guys....
Old 05-24-2007, 01:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Any pictures of what these clips look like??
Old 05-26-2007, 12:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i just got a wing too and i need to know where else i can get these clips or any other kind of substitute
Old 05-26-2007, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here's my 2 cents into the mix.......What I used for my bbist fab wing was regular office butterfly clips (the small ones). It held on fine and you couldn't even tell they were there. I know bbist sells the clips, but last time I spoke with him they were like $40 since they're custom made.

Very Important! If you plan on using the butterfly clips, make sure you remove the silver handles on the office cilp so it doesn't damage your car.

- Andizbox* Since you bought the wing from me, I still have the office clips if you want them. Just hit me up.

J
Old 05-27-2007, 04:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Lil_J_XB
Here's my 2 cents into the mix.......What I used for my bbist fab wing was regular office butterfly clips (the small ones). It held on fine and you couldn't even tell they were there. I know bbist sells the clips, but last time I spoke with him they were like $40 since they're custom made.

Very Important! If you plan on using the butterfly clips, make sure you remove the silver handles on the office cilp so it doesn't damage your car.

- Andizbox* Since you bought the wing from me, I still have the office clips if you want them. Just hit me up.

J
Johnny, like the little black ones with the silver clips that look like this C==[]k

hmmm i think I'll take a look at this
Old 05-27-2007, 04:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

J
thanks john...i took your advice.i figured it was a good alternative for now.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:32 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CamoTrav

J
Johnny, like the little black ones with the silver clips that look like this C==[]k

Travis....yeah that's the one. It works out just perfect. A little ghetto.....but it saves you $40. haha
Old 05-28-2007, 07:33 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by andizbox

J
thanks john...i took your advice.i figured it was a good alternative for now.
- M,

All good. Glad it worked out for you.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

J

Travis....yeah that's the one. It works out just perfect. A little ghetto.....but it saves you $40. haha
hahaha You know how we do in the IE
Old 05-29-2007, 10:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

J

hahaha You know how we do in the IE
Yeah thats how its done.It actually holds really good.I was surpriced.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:26 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

You still have the double sided tape on too right? Make sure you have that on as well if you're planning on keeping it on for now. This way you can have added security that the wing shouldn't fall off.