Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

tech question....not sure where to ask

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 02:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default tech question....not sure where to ask

I've been browsing the tech section looking for things to try. I'd really like to check out the "fog light installation" but it seems that link is broken. Any help?
Old 01-15-2007, 09:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Didn't the fogs come with instructions???
Old 01-15-2007, 03:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You just take off the front bumper, take out the block off plates, and "plug" in the new fogs, but you will most likely need some bulbs. The nice thing is that the fog light wiring is already under there. Now, you need to take the relay and HUNT behind the fuses in the cab for a spot where it will fit. Also, I don't know why this happened to me but it did, I had to flip the fuse in the fuse panel right side up, apparently it only works one way? Good luck.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default OEM Foglights is an easy install..... it's pre-wired!!!!

I installed mine without removing the bumper cover. Reach up from the bottom and push out on the body collered fog light covers. See the wiring harness with the connector for the fog light plug. The harness is folded up and tied with a breakable twist tie, just pull it and it will expand to about a foot. The lights just go into the bumper cover, connect the harness. The switch also has a folded harness, just pull the end terminal and you have enough wire to reach the back of the switch. The provided switch fits into any of the three blanks on the dash bazel. The relay provided is the tricky part. It goes into the back of the fuse box behind the dash pannel near your left knee. A dentist's mirror will allow you to see the place where it goes. The provided instructions show witch spot to plug the blue relay into. It took me a few tries to get it in. Sit in the driver's seat and with your left hand, reach behind the fuse box, feel the smooth surface on the bottom and inside and the relay only goes in one way. Use the mirror to see the sockets and position the relay right side up. Search for foglights or 'overboost' for instructions, same as the provided instructions in the OEM fog light kit. JDM foglights are different, the switch lights up and the lights have a mirror-like backing for more light output. Custom wiring is needed for the JDM switch to work. Search around, you will see those instructions here as well.
I was very satisfied with the light from the fogs without increasing the bulbs, try it first, you may not want to blind the world.
Also very satisfied with the do-it-yourself sense of accomplishment.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks guys for the help. A friend of mine was in an accident with his xB and saved all the useful parts that were replaced. He has a spare drivers side fog light but not the passenger side. I wanted to see what it involved and if it was just the matter of getting the other side and plugging it in. Sounds like I would need to get a switch too.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

You can order whatever additional parts you would need if you can get the other light. Try www.car-parts.com They sometimes have single OEM fogs for sale for decent prices. Most of the vendors will ship too.