Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]
View Poll Results: Do you think you would or will buy one?
yes it is a cool ride
20.75%
nope it looks like a POS
30.19%
mabey I need to see it in person
49.06%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

2007 Xb

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 05:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default bB

It sorta looks like something you would see watching PoKimon with your kids.
nice colors.
Howard in Gilroy
Old 03-28-2006, 11:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default 2007 Xb

On the japanese site, it shows the "Q Version" and the "X Version." So does this mean we'll have multiple trim levels to choose from?
Well we did not get them with the current Xb so I really doubt we'll get them with this version.
Do you guys live under a rock? The new xB has already been seen camoflage suits running around southern california, and it's already been established that the new bB will not be our new xB - the prototype running around is bigger than the bB.
I was told by the manager of a Scion dealership that this is the rreplacement. I hope this is it, and how on earth dose anyone see a PT? I do not see it at all. The hood lines ans side lines are so different.

Do you guys live under a rock? The new xB has already been seen camoflage suits running around southern california, and it's already been established that the new bB will not be our new xB - the prototype running around is bigger than the bB.
OOOOOk if it is in Camo.......how can you say for certain that this is not the new Xb? Camo means it is covered up right?
Old 03-28-2006, 02:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

On Automobile.com's 2008 preview, they showed that the new xB would actually be the t2B.

http://automobilemag.com/2008_sneak_...2008_scion_xb/
Old 03-28-2006, 05:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

After reading both I really do not think that the T2B would ever fully come to life.

Not to knock it I really think it is a hot box & I would dearly love to own one. as I am disabled the sliding door would be a great help if I ever have to go in to a wheelchair or one of those hover-round scooters

From Automobile magazine
While Scion swears that the t2b is merely a design exercise, we can't help but think that it provides a good hint at the styling direction of the next xB. Scion says the goal for the t2b was to "create a concept which would represent that your car is more than just a mode of transportation, it's a lifestyle." Well, if your lifestyle is based around the need to be constantly entertained, then the t2b might be for you.
On Automobile.com's 2008 preview, they showed that the new xB would actually be the t2B.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: 2007 Xb

Originally Posted by bcharley3
I was told by the manager of a Scion dealership that this is the rreplacement. I hope this is it, and how on earth dose anyone see a PT? I do not see it at all. The hood lines ans side lines are so different.
Your Scion manager doens't know any more than the majority on this website.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by buzzwyzr

I wonder what this is for? Looks pretty cool!
ipod controls built into the armrest. pretty sweet.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

When I was at the Scion Release Golf Invitational and talking to several of the 18 executives that make up Scion, I talked to them about the new bB. They quickly and confidently replied that the US version will definitely NOT be the same as the new bB in Japan. They then asked me what I felt about the t2b concept :D

So, while it is early to speculate and many rumors are around, I have no reason to doubt anything they told me, and believe that we will not be getting this new bB. I'm glad too, 'cause I think it looks like a PT Cruiser.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

*drool* the "X Version" looks suh-weeeeet!
Old 03-30-2006, 10:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Your Scion manager doens't know any more than the majority on this website.
As she has been to Japan and seen it and ther new Xa, Toyota gave the american mamagers a chioce of cars to pick fro the Xa. I'll belive her as to the new Xb, I am so glad that ti is a bit bigger than the current Xb,
Bruce C.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The manager you are referring to is flat out wrong. Did you mention the new bB to her, or did she mention it to you? My money is on you mentioning it to her. She is only doing what 9 out of 10 uninformed salesman would do. Lie. She sees you in her dealership asking about a car that has piqued your interest. She knows if she tells you what you want to hear, chances are you will return.

It has been stated again and again from multiple sources that the new bB will not be the replacement for the xB. It has also been stated that the T2B concept or any variation there of will not be the xB replacement.

A few on this site have claimed that a Daihatsu built car used overseas will actually be the xB replacement. If you search around the site enough you can find a picture.
Old 04-01-2006, 01:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

I have been speaking with my manager here, who has been speaking with corporate who has said that the new xB will not be the bB.

The replacement, due early next year, is going to be larger and wider with more of the t2B themes than that of the bB. Do understand though that with a larger newer (that uses the 1.8 out of the Corolla I might ad) vehicle there will be an uglier price on the window sticker.

I just hope that it keeps its lightweight feel!
Old 04-01-2006, 10:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well even if it is not, Well see. I believe the manger, and I believe in the dealership as well. I am jaded to most car dealerships. I have even worked as a car dealer, I know the tricks of the game. Lake city Scion is not like that, and they have my full trust.
Think about it for a moment. Why would Toyota build a totally different car for the US, for a budget intro level car? It makes no sense what so ever.
By taking a car form the stable of the many cars, most of witch we do not have, and probably never see. The current Bb is there and could easily take the Xb name with very little cost to Toyota, right? With the Japanese car market, cost and quality are at the top of there lists.
As I said weather or not the new Xb is the T2B or the current Bb, or something different has yet to be seen,
The dealer also informed me that in early fall the new Xb should be on the Scion web site, this should settle the question once and for all.
Bruce C.
Old 04-02-2006, 12:11 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

I am just annoyed it is not gonna be a jdm car
Old 04-03-2006, 06:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bcharley3
Well even if it is not, Well see. I believe the manger, and I believe in the dealership as well. I am jaded to most car dealerships. I have even worked as a car dealer, I know the tricks of the game. Lake city Scion is not like that, and they have my full trust.
Think about it for a moment. Why would Toyota build a totally different car for the US, for a budget intro level car? It makes no sense what so ever.
By taking a car form the stable of the many cars, most of witch we do not have, and probably never see. The current Bb is there and could easily take the Xb name with very little cost to Toyota, right? With the Japanese car market, cost and quality are at the top of there lists.
As I said weather or not the new Xb is the T2B or the current Bb, or something different has yet to be seen,
The dealer also informed me that in early fall the new Xb should be on the Scion web site, this should settle the question once and for all.
Bruce C.
Your logic is faulty. Toyota created a single model for the US market only - the Scion tC. They're going to up the size of the xB, as seen in this prototype seen running around: https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=105875

The new bB is about the same size as the current model, not larger.