Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Bad Omen...

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 05:58 AM
5 Year Member

Default Bad Omen...

Alright, so I just got my xA today, though I gotta take it back to the dealership to have the optional stuff put into it(did you guys have to do this too?). Anyway, so I opened that book thing holding all the car information when I got home and I saw the "First Aid Kit" in there... Am I the only one thinking this is one helluva bad omen? Like a "Your car will be fine, but you sir are screwed" kinda feeling?
Old 07-10-2004, 06:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

nope..

ur over thinking....Its a generousity gesture from Scion.
Old 07-10-2004, 06:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

lol, that's really pessimistic. If that's true, I feel bad for the people who buy Xterras... but it's not.
Old 07-10-2004, 07:02 AM
5 Year Member

Default Re: Bad Omen...

Originally Posted by Trumpet
Alright, so I just got my xA today, though I gotta take it back to the dealership to have the optional stuff put into it(did you guys have to do this too?)
yep, I did. took them a while too but I had a ____load of stuff to do on it.
Old 07-10-2004, 12:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes I had to take my xA back to the dealership.

Most likely they got the vehicle from another location rather than from port. If they got it from port it would have arrived complete for pickup (unless you got the AEM CAI, they told me port doesn't put those on and the dealership does).
Old 07-15-2004, 12:11 AM
Banned
SL Member

most bmw, benz and others have first aid kits..some are huge ;0
Old 07-15-2004, 12:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

They should be for the other Toyotas - for after you're done getting beaten down by the sales and finance depts.
Old 07-15-2004, 12:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i was glad to have mine. i was at my dad's house for a bbq, and he sliced his finger to the bone, and he didn't have any first aid stuff, so i said WAIT! i got a first aid kit in the car! i got it, and fixed him up proper like!
Old 07-15-2004, 12:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

my 1990 Lexus LS400 came with one. . . it comes in real handy, especially the band aids. . . think of all the times you've gotten a cut and not had a band aid. It's real handy!
Old 07-15-2004, 12:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I thought the first aid kit was a bit odd. Why not include condoms or hand out some free Starbucks latte coupons or coupons for those free oil changes we get? Maybe they could have included a space age thermal blanket in case you break down in the mountains, which you could also use to kneel on so you don't get your pants dirty as you change a flat tire? Or maybe a CD full of mp3s so everybody realizes that the radio plays mp3s instead of implying you have to buy something else to make it do so? The kit wil be handy to some, but it is not a very complete kit and looks like a freebie you get in the mail when the Red Cross wants you donate blood. Now, a kit that comes in a little box looks like you got something. What made them think - lets hand out these freebies we had left over from our last car show? Quite odd.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

I agree it is odd, but it makes sense, considering Lexus, BMW, and Mercedez Benz do it, as well as some SUV's. Actually, that's where I keep my condoms, the first aid kit. . . but probably a bad idea due to heat. They do give us coupons for the oil change. . . it's in the service pamphlet thingie.

I would like to see them give out "inflate-a-flat" cans or maybe a tool kit too, like Lexus gives. . . a bunch of VERY useful tools all stamped with the Lexus monogram. Very cool; screwdriver(phillips and flat), 90' angled screwdriver (for the moonroof or for breaking lock pins :twisted: ), wrenches, pliers, rag, flashlight.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You'll be a hero with that kit. I've already been one with mine.

Drove past an accident the other day and pulled out the portable defibrillator pads that attched to the battery. Turned the key and the victim bolted back to life.

A few weeks ago I was able to start an IV drip on a dehydrated homeless guy looking for something to drink.

But the real capper? The surgical kit! I did a artificial heart valve replacement and installed a shunt on the way home from the city just last night.

The first aid kit? Don't leave home without it!!! :twisted: :mrgreen:
Old 07-16-2004, 04:01 PM
5 Year Member

Yeah, what's up with the spare tire? It's like their saying you're probably gonna get a flat! ;)
Old 07-16-2004, 04:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by LinexA
Yeah, what's up with the spare tire? It's like their saying you're probably gonna get a flat! ;)
And what the hell are they saying with the seat belts? That I'm going to crash and need 'em? Yikes! :knocking on wood:
Old 07-16-2004, 04:10 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by thinkCooper
And what the hell are they saying with the seat belts? That I'm going to crash and need 'em? Yikes! :knocking on wood:
Dude, get this! I just read there are these bags of air in the front of the car that EXPLODE in your face if there's a crash! What is up with that? I don't think I feel safe in this car anymore. ;););)
Old 07-16-2004, 04:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dude, get this! I just read there are these bags of air in the front of the car that EXPLODE in your face if there's a crash! What is up with that? I don't think I feel safe in this car anymore. ;););)
I don't mean to frighten you, but... did you know that there are blocks of abrasive material that grab these round steel discs attached to the wheels in the front of our cars, and in the back, there are these cylinders that have semi circular pads and they're attached to the wheels as well. And get this! They are there to get you to slow down or even stop!!!!

I think that is creepy. What is Scion telling us? Don't drive? And if you do drive, slow down? This is some kind of conspiracy if you ask me. I don't like it one bit!!!!
Old 07-16-2004, 04:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 07-16-2004, 05:11 PM
5 Year Member

Oh man, don't get me started on that "reverse" gear!
Old 07-16-2004, 05:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh man, don't get me started on that "reverse" gear!
I wouldn't worry too much about the reverse thingie. I heard lots of cars have em. I think they're for old ladies. You can pull the tranny apart and pull the reverse gear, save some weight in the process.

What you don't ever want to start thinking about is the VVT! Who in their right mind would want the valves varying their timing on their own. Hello!?! McFly!!! This is how the robots took control of the earth in the terminator movies. That would be really bad.