Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Cruise controll for a manual? Can you get it from the dealer

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 03:02 AM
5 Year Member

Default Cruise controll for a manual? Can you get it from the dealer

I never new I wanted cruise controll until this past weekend when I took a 7 hour road trip. It really would have been nice. I know some dealers offer it aftermarket but it usually says automatic only. Does anyone know if I can get it put on a manual transmission. I would do it myself but I am nervous about messing with the warrenty and the fact that I suck at installation.
Old 06-02-2006, 03:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes you can and there is an RF cruise that I hope to get installed into my xB. Less worries about running wires and etc
Old 06-02-2006, 04:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

I got mine at the dealer. 06 manual here.

No problems.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:41 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

got mine from the dealer also.....
Old 06-02-2006, 11:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Cruise Control

I also had Cruise Control installed, at the dealer, on my 06 xB manual tran. It only cost $399. I drive 120 miles daily, and use it a lot. As you've already found out - by missing it - when you finally do get it, you will love it.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:57 PM
5 Year Member

Default Re: Cruise Control

Originally Posted by LowerLevelMan
I also had Cruise Control installed, at the dealer, on my 06 xB manual tran. It only cost $399. I drive 120 miles daily, and use it a lot. As you've already found out - by missing it - when you finally do get it, you will love it.
According to Scion's website cruise control is not available on the xb. So are you telling me this is outdated info on their website or are the Toyota dealers installing an aftermarket kit? Do you have a Toyota part# for the cruise control unit? Thanks in advance, I really want this option and was under the impression I could not get it.

GT
Old 06-02-2006, 11:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default anothe question bout cruise

I got Cruise control added at the dealer as well. I was kind of disappointed cause I thought I would be getting the stock controller, however I got a bluky out of place aftermarket controller.

What did everyone else get?
The same controller that comes on the tC? or a goofy looking aftermarket?
Old 06-02-2006, 11:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default cruise on a stick

Yup got mine at the dealer as well..a rather clunky looking lolipoop..but works like advertized..well worth it
you can dis-engage by hitting the clutch or the brake as well as do'n the button thingy.

member of the 2 box club
Old 06-02-2006, 11:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Cruise Control

It was aftermarket. Not at all like the usual Toyota CC. Mine is under/behind the Light/blinker switch. It is stick-like and rotates all around (like noted lollipop). If I could figure how to post photos here, I'ld show you. Its sorta funky, at first, but point is: it works. Nissan, GM, Fords, they are all different, and take some gettin' used to. In the world of BIG, its a small.
Old 06-03-2006, 12:32 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

*ALL* xA and xB Cruise Controls are aftermarket, most are made by Rostra...

Rostra Cruise Controls are available for both the manual and automatic transmission xAs and xBs.

They are available at most Southeastern dealerships because the importer in that area supports them, and at some other dealerships across the country.

Otherwise they can be purchased on-line from several providers, and installed by local shops or the owner.

Here are the installation instructions to offer an idea if how easy/difficult a job it might be:

http://tijil.org/Manuals/Installatio...004-06%20xAxB/

Tom
Old 06-03-2006, 01:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://www.allscion.com/cruisecontrol_manual.html
Old 06-03-2006, 01:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got the Rostra/Scion cruise control from trdsparks.com. It took me half a day to put it in. Overall pretty easy to do if you have some basic electrical knowledge. They have some pretty good advice on the Allscion site. Works pretty good. I don't like the 3 secs that you have to wait after you turn on the cruise control before it will work (I'm a little impatient.
Old 06-03-2006, 02:54 AM
5 Year Member

Default Cruise Control

I also have manual with cruise control, no problems. Also took a seven hour trip and love it my XB still, if they ever come out with the T2B.
Old 06-03-2006, 04:44 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Tomas
*ALL* xA and xB Cruise Controls are aftermarket, most are made by Rostra...

Rostra Cruise Controls are available for both the manual and automatic transmission xAs and xBs.

They are available at most Southeastern dealerships because the importer in that area supports them, and at some other dealerships across the country.

Otherwise they can be purchased on-line from several providers, and installed by local shops or the owner.

Here are the installation instructions to offer an idea if how easy/difficult a job it might be:

http://tijil.org/Manuals/Installatio...004-06%20xAxB/

Tom
Tom,

Thanks for the informative post, this is precisely the info I was looking for.

Thanks,
GT
Old 06-04-2006, 07:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Cruise for the box . . .

Wagonmaster,

The cruise you want to get is made by ROSTRA --- part number 250-1755 --- and is a custom-fit for Toyota/Scion vehicles. It's actually what thes dealer has installed at the Port of Entry for those cars needing cruise.

I had this cruise installed by a local accessory dealer for $350 (parts & labor), and still had the cost rolled into my total financing. The Rostra has a digital processor/controller --- not the older vacuum-style --- and is VERY accurate. Here's the website which shows a photo of the stalk (different part # but exact same look as mine):

http://www.rostra.com/cc-250-1755.asp

The digital part means that you can very accurately set your speed: one tap UP increases exactly 1 MPH, one tap down decreases 1 MPH, 5 quick taps drops you 5 MPH, etc. You can also just settle at a MPH speed and hit the SET button, and it has a RESUME feature, and a small green LED lights when the unit is "on". ( I do not have any delay after switching.)

I absolutely LOVE this thing, makes even my 30-mile commute to work over beltway/interstate/back-roads much less stressful. We have a lot of radar patrols and just knowing I'm set at 10% over the limit means I can rest easy and just motor on. All I gotta do is tap the "off" button or drop back 5-7 MPH if necessary.

Hope this helps your search for your toaster, Wagonmaster . . .
Old 06-05-2006, 01:00 AM
5 Year Member

Great post. I am excited to get this done. I didn't think I would miss it but I am going to have like a 40 mile highway commute. yuck