Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Do you guys wave?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 06:53 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I never wave first but will if waved to. I had a woman who looked in her 50's give me the thumbs up from her xb, I gave her a thumbs up back.
Old 05-15-2005, 09:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i saw a RS2 xB in the QC!! they prob JUST got it or at least not too long ago cause ive never seen one around til last week. i think he was the 2nd person to a light, and me from opp direction was the first at the light. i honked and waved while i rapped along to some Ja R & Mary J Blige (the family next to me had a ball watching me--i just laughed, winked and kept on singing). anyway, by the time he saw/heard me beep beep, he was turning, but i saw him see me.

i saw my FIRST xA in the QC too this past week. BCP and PACKED full of who knows what. paper and....STUFF. i beep beep'd but i couldnt turn my head to see if they waved. it didnt matter tho, was still fun 2 me. im such a cornball.

my friends know how xcited i get seeing xB's especially--they dont really recognize the xA nor tC's yet...so whenever they're on the road and they see an xB, they'll literally call me on the phone and tell me they see it. and they make me excited too even though im not with them. my coworkerS know how much i love my xB too--says there's a BCP xB in the next town where 1 of 'em lives and the owner is an Asian girl too---my coworker gets xcited b/c sometimes she thinks it could be me--the owner prob doesnt get as xcited as i do about my box, but if she did, thatd be the bombest thing. neway, you have my permission to read the next post now...i'll stop rambling about my Scion xcitement. hahaha.
Old 05-15-2005, 09:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

okay maybe u cant read the next post yet. im SO excited about my car that MY DAD GETS EXCITED too. in fact, whenever his friends come over when im around, he'll even take THEM outside to come check out my box. x BEEP BEEP! daddy's girl......
Old 05-16-2005, 07:12 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

We could all do the Lt. Dan wave from Forrest Gump....

Ive only had my box since Saturday and have seen 2 other boxes since then...we "acknowledged" one another.

One was a casual "off the steering wheel farmer wave..."

The other was this hot chick...dont tell my wife...and I did my best Joe Cool...to which she just drove away....
Old 05-16-2005, 11:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

I wave to anyone except old people. unless they wave at me but theyre normally scared ands look at me like why is his car loud and on the ground ohhh ahhh save me./
Old 05-17-2005, 03:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by hotbox05
I wave to anyone except old people. unless they wave at me but theyre normally scared ands look at me like why is his car loud and on the ground ohhh ahhh save me./
I try to acknowledge and/or give props to those xB owners and sometimes the xA's or tC's. I get no luck with the xA's or tC's.

But I will bring up, the girls....again, in my area!!! I'm just trying to give them props and do the nod thing, but they just ignore me. I'm sure if I was a guy it would be a whole different story. I give up on them chicks!!! We are all driving a sweet a$$ ride and feel good about it, so why not share the joy and the love to the other owners no matter what sex they are???? Can't we just all get along, girls???

...and the older people, I won't go there either because I try them too and they are oblivious to the whole "nod/wave" thing.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:06 AM
5 Year Member

Up here in Seattle.....not to many scions around at all so when we do see another one....we wave, honk, flash lights.......anything to get there attention..............
Rosalia206

you laugh cuz my car is ugly: i laugh because you are
Old 05-18-2005, 02:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

considering i dont have one...no.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:46 PM
5 Year Member

I've only had the my PW a week but i have had the opportunity to wave at a fellow xB owner and did get a wave back. I might not wave everytime I seen another xB but if I'm in the right mood I probably won't hesitate to do it again and I'd certainly never leave another xB owner hanging if they waved to me

The same thing happens when I'm biking, if I see another biker there may be an exchange of 'hi', I think I've even gotten a nod from a motorcycle!
Old 05-19-2005, 09:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I nod or wave back. I got a thumbs up today so I gave the guy a wave and we went on are way.
Old 05-19-2005, 09:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Do you guys wave?

Originally Posted by YellowBus
Just curious. Do you guys wave to other xB owners on the road when you see one?
Nope. I mostly give people the finger when i'm out and about.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:27 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i tend to try to catch up show mine off and then try to see whos is faster
Old 05-20-2005, 05:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Rosalia206
Up here in Seattle.....not to many scions around at all so when we do see another one....we wave, honk, flash lights.......anything to get there attention..............
Rosalia206

you laugh cuz my car is ugly: i laugh because you are
lol.... yeah.. there are a few... but the demographics of the new owners here are becoming more noticible... would say about 60/40 to people who recognize the unique culture of the scions and will wave... but seeing more and more people who arent exactly the target range... or could care less if some1 waves at them...

and dont go to bellevue expecting a wave.... was there monday saw 4 scions... only 1 waved...and thats cuz i was meeting him to discuss somthing...
Old 05-20-2005, 07:17 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I honk, wave, flash, flick the headlights, whatever at other xB's, and I'll wave at xA's and tC's if I recognize them in time.

Usually I get some sort of nice response back - sometimes, though, I think the other box is actually being driven by an android...
Old 05-20-2005, 07:21 AM
5 Year Member

Default Why wave when you can blow your airhorn at them

I never wave, or nod, or flash my lights. Instead, I honk my air horn, siren, or PA at them and i have yet to be ignored. Unless of course there is a cop around, if so ill just wave.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

so sad...

got my second finger for waving...

maybe that's how it is in SF?
Old 05-20-2005, 11:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default Re: Why wave when you can blow your airhorn at them

Originally Posted by glsec507
I never wave, or nod, or flash my lights. Instead, I honk my air horn, siren, or PA at them and i have yet to be ignored. Unless of course there is a cop around, if so ill just wave.
i'd honk and wave to the cop too lol whats he gona do? pull me for gettng xcited? disturbing the peace on the road? lol during 2005 New years celebration we were drunk, waving, and blowing out party horns AT the police men
Old 05-20-2005, 11:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Special Sauce
so sad...

got my second finger for waving...

maybe that's how it is in SF?
aww dun b sad...just start changing your wave...you know its a proven thing in building rapport that people like other people who are similar to them so if you mirror someone's movement over dinner (never exactly though) they're more prone to liking you. IE ever go out with someone and notice that you guys start drinking at the same time almost? its automatic...anyway maybe they're used to waving with their finger...or maybe they only HAVE one finger...once u get used to who it is, start honking and then have your finger ready...

see if that were me, i'd give you the finger back for sure and we'll both be happy
Old 05-20-2005, 03:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I try to acknowledge other owners, but here in Chicago, most everyone has their nose in the air anyway. Most other owners don't even look back anyway. Chicago is a stuck up city I guess. This is just based on whtat I have seen and learned in my time traveling around the country and the world.
Old 05-20-2005, 04:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

BTW, I get more acknowledgement from non-scion owners than anything

Quick Reply: Do you guys wave?