First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Finally got my xB!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2003, 02:32 AM
obz
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Finally got my xB!!!

Well everyone, I finally got my xB!! I'm so excited. I was going to get the silver one, but at the last minute decided to get the black. I know it has all the problems all black cars have, but I couldn't resist. I got some clear coating stuff on there that is supposed to help with the swirls and what not. Fingers crossed. I also got some Motegi 17's thrown in with the package, plus the rear spoiler and some fogs. $18K out the door, so I'm pretty happy!! I also got a 3.9% interest rate on it. You guys should look into that. I know Scion is offering 4.5%, but it's better out there somewhere just gotta look. Anyhow I'm EXCITED to be a new xB owner!!
Old 12-27-2003, 04:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Congrats on your purchase... welcome to the group...

Thomas
Old 12-27-2003, 04:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Congrats on your new xB. What kind of Motegi rims did you get?
Old 12-27-2003, 07:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Congrats , I can't wait to get mine. Feb. seems so far away .
Old 12-27-2003, 08:13 PM
obz
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think they're Motegi MR7's... does that sound right? I'll tell you a story though. Modesto Scion works with a local rim dealer on rims and tires and stuff. They sent me down to them to pick out some rims (so I could add it to my financing) and I brought back the price to them. It was $1100 rims and tires. Turned out they had the EXACT same rims on a black cherry xB with the exact same tires and EVERYTHING, and they were asking $1600!! $500 more than directly from the tire place. They ended up giving me them for $1100 (especially since I caught them with their HORRENDOUS mark-up) and got it taken care of. The new rims are on order and should be to me by the beginning of next week. After this experience I would be warry of buying rims from a dealership. Just get them after you've bought your car. I think the next thing I'm going to do is just add some tint to those front 2 windows. Hope it looks good!!
Old 12-28-2003, 04:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Congrats.
Old 12-28-2003, 05:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Will 215/45r17 tires fit on the XB
Old 12-28-2003, 06:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Congrats on the new xB in the family!

now the fun starts
Old 12-28-2003, 07:59 PM
obz
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't know why they wouldn't fit. Thanks guys for everything.
Old 01-05-2004, 03:51 AM
5 Year Member

I wouldn't get motegi mr7's. they dont hold up to well and they weigh 24 lbs!!!!

just some advice from a previous mr7 owner...

later
brady
Old 01-05-2004, 02:15 PM
obz
5 Year Member
SL Member

Man, too late! I'm already back here in Utah. They seem alright, but they are a bit heavy, but don't seem much heavier than the stock rims and tires. Maybe a touch. I'm not riding around in them yet anyway. There's WAY too much snow to really make it worth it. In the news they said that there's been more snowfall lately than in the past 30 years. That's nuts! So I guess my tires will stay in the garage for now. Hey, a quick question though. Anyone know how to properly store tires. I've just got them in my garage leaning against a wall. Is this alright???
Old 01-08-2004, 11:00 PM
5 Year Member

Default Re: Finally got my xB!!!

Originally Posted by obz
Well everyone, I finally got my xB!! I'm so excited. I was going to get the silver one, but at the last minute decided to get the black. I know it has all the problems all black cars have, but I couldn't resist. I got some clear coating stuff on there that is supposed to help with the swirls and what not. Fingers crossed. I also got some Motegi 17's thrown in with the package, plus the rear spoiler and some fogs. $18K out the door, so I'm pretty happy!! I also got a 3.9% interest rate on it. You guys should look into that. I know Scion is offering 4.5%, but it's better out there somewhere just gotta look. Anyhow I'm EXCITED to be a new xB owner!!
Do all XB's come stock with clear coat or was that supposed to be an add on? Dont remember the sales guy tellin me bout it... Just figured mine already had it.
Old 01-09-2004, 12:54 AM
Banned
SL Member

I have one question, where did you end up going with your financing? and for how long.

As for the tires, mounted on the wheels, i would think ( and i have always stored them this way ) is to lay them flat, back against the floor. I wouldnt stack them any higher then 2 high either, too much wight. Wouldnt hurt to call a local tire dealer, or call the tirerack or STS.
Old 01-09-2004, 02:07 AM
obz
5 Year Member
SL Member

No this clear coat stuff was extra. It's supposed to prevent swirls on the car and with a black car that's REALLY important. Plus I'm in Utah and we get a ton of snow and they salt the roads which builds up on the car. My wife has a Mazda Protege5 and I had the clear coat put on her car. I'm very satisfied with it. I've had her car a year and a half and it still feels like it's just been waxed. Amazing stuff! I think I had to pay an extra $1000 for it more or less, but it's worth it. I like having clean looking cars. As far as rim storage I think you're pretty right CB. As far as the financing... I haven't gotten my first bill yet so I'm not 100% positive who it's through, but I'm pretty sure it's through Toyota. All the finance manager said was that he could give me the 3.9% interest rate. I should be getting my first payment bill in the next few days so I'll tell you as soon as I get it.