Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Gabrius' intro, plans, and a question?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 10:23 PM
5 Year Member

Default Gabrius' intro, plans, and a question?

New to the Scion scene but not new to cars as I have been in the Volkswagen (Mk4 & MK5 mainly) scene since 2008.

On VWVortex there a quite a few threads for showing off your cars stance, air suspension management, wheels, etc.

Just wondering if there is a similar thread here for xB 1. Just wanting to browse through a lot of photos of customized xB's to get a good idea of what kind of wheel and suspension I would like to run on my wife's xB.

I'm thinking a 2-3" drop so its a little bit lower, but not slammed out to where its a PITA for daily driving. Springs or some cheap coils, not air.

Some 16" or 17" wheels. Would love some BBS RS looking wheels. Just something classy for $800 ish. With some spacers 10-25mm spacers to get rid of the "tucked" look that is stock with these.

Then probably some red LED tails, badgeless grille, window weather guards, debadge, rear wiper delete, and mint green wrap or plasti dip the whole car.

Wanting to make it more of an OEM + look. I'm a quality > quantity type of guy.

And yes again, this is my wifes car.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:39 PM
5 Year Member

Also, the xB we got is a Black Sand Pearl. Its a 2005. Picked it up for $6900 with 110K.

Its in fantastic condition other than the A/C doesn't work which we knew when buying the car. It blows heat when requested, and blows whatever air is outside when switched to cold. I read that this is a common problem on the 2005 xBs.

Has anyone found what the most common fix is for this problem? And what a general cost of repair is?
We figured if its a a $200 or less fix, we got a really good deal on the car, $500 a fair price, $500 +, we paid over what we should have.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:47 AM
T_J
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

A/C is tricky...so many components to it. Is the compressor kicking on when you turn it on? If not, could be the pressure is to low & it simply needs a recharge. If you have that done, make sure they add the dye so it can be checked for leaks. Could be any other number of things...relay, pressure switch, condenser issues. Hard to say. Ask around where you live & see if you can find a reputable shop. A/C is not really something the average person can do. I consider myself a fairly decent "garage mechanic", & I don't mess with A/C much...mostly because I live in AZ & need it TO WORK :D...//TJ