Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

I paid for a 2006.5 Scion xB but got a 2006 - what can I do?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 07:06 PM
5 Year Member

If that is the case/ That you have a case scion rules are that you pay Pure pricing . If that vehicle was built in that period of time where the price was $150 less. The sticker price most match the time stamp on the day you bougth it. (if you dint do any up grades at the time of sale.) CHECK YOUR CONTRACT AND YOUR STICKER. if they dont match and the sticker is $150 less. dont waste your time call Scion customer service let them know and they will take care of you. TOYOTA IS REALL BIG ON CUSTUMER SERVICE.
Old 03-30-2006, 07:18 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by JOAQUIN
If that is the case/ That you have a case scion rules are that you pay Pure pricing . If that vehicle was built in that period of time where the price was $150 less. The sticker price most match the time stamp on the day you bougth it. (if you dint do any up grades at the time of sale.) CHECK YOUR CONTRACT AND YOUR STICKER. if they dont match and the sticker is $150 less. dont waste your time call Scion customer service let them know and they will take care of you. TOYOTA IS REALL BIG ON CUSTUMER SERVICE.
Thanks Joaquin, I was planning on doing that as soon as I got home before I took it in for the HU problem.

I was hoping to hear that Toyota took good care of their customers. My parents have owned nothing but Toyota Camry's for the past 15 years and they have always been happy. For me, this is the fist new car in 15 years and the first Toyota. My last car was a Honda, and I was very satisfied with my Civic that I traded in for the xB.

Now that I have all the information that I need to iron out this issue, I feel that I can move on and start enjoying my purchase.

love my xB and ScionLife is a great site. I've been visiting this site for a while and it's helped me quite a bit in making my purchase and I'm sure will continue helping me in the future.

Thanks for the help everyone.
Old 03-30-2006, 07:22 PM
5 Year Member

Glad to here to now you can enjoy your new purchase.
Old 03-30-2006, 07:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you don't mind not having the steering wheel controls, your situation isn't all that difficult. A call into Scion should clear it up. Most dealerships had a note of thier web sites about price changes. Its not that complicated.
Old 03-30-2006, 07:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JOAQUIN
There is no cooling of period in the state of california.
And none in the state of New York either that apply to vehicles purchased at a dealership.

The chances of getting such a law passed are nil, as dealers would spend a lot in "campaign contributions" to make sure that all those impulse purchaces stick.

George
Old 03-30-2006, 07:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

LOL. Lots of $50 lunches would be bought.
Old 03-30-2006, 07:59 PM
dbm
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I got the wrong wheels, but at least I got the ones that I paid for and nobody else here has them.
Old 03-31-2006, 03:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default 06 bx

You could check out the parts dept. and see if steering wheel controls can be retrofited.....Just a thought.
Old 03-31-2006, 01:48 PM
5 Year Member

Update:

I checked the window sticker of my car when I got home last night and it was $150 less than what my contract was writen up for. I took it with my last night and the financing dept wrote up a new contract and shreded the old one. So I got the lower price. They were very cool about it and I didn't have to raise hell.

As far as the iPod Comm Erro, the service dept checked the wiring and looks like they have to order a new head unit, so I'll have to take it back for that. Since I have to take it in for the security system and spoiler install, they are going to do it then.
Old 03-31-2006, 03:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Evil_Inside
Update:

I checked the window sticker of my car when I got home last night and it was $150 less than what my contract was writen up for. I took it with my last night and the financing dept wrote up a new contract and shreded the old one. So I got the lower price. They were very cool about it and I didn't have to raise hell.

As far as the iPod Comm Erro, the service dept checked the wiring and looks like they have to order a new head unit, so I'll have to take it back for that. Since I have to take it in for the security system and spoiler install, they are going to do it then.
that's excellent news. I figured you wouldn't have much problem when people stopped and looked at it for a moment.
Old 03-31-2006, 03:21 PM
5 Year Member

The guys at the dealership I bought it at are really cool and have definitely come through for me. I think I'm just a little paranoid of getting screwed from car dealers in general, so I was getting a little defensive.

In the end, it all worked out and like I said earlier, I love this car and so far have been very happy with it.
Old 03-31-2006, 04:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Glad you got you money refunded. The PW, whether 2006 or 2006.5 is still a great unique car. Contrats.
Old 03-31-2006, 04:19 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by koalaty2
Glad you got you money refunded. The PW, whether 2006 or 2006.5 is still a great unique car. Contrats.
Thanks. Yeah, I don't see a lot of xBs in my area, mostly tCs. And most of the xBs I see are Thunder Cloud or Flint Mica. I see very few PW and Blue Onyx.

I've yet to see an RS 3.0. The dealership I bought mine from had one, but it was delivered shortly before I got there.
Old 03-31-2006, 05:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics

Originally Posted by dbm
I got the wrong wheels, but at least I got the ones that I paid for and nobody else here has them.

Post a pic.. I haven't seen anyone with mine either? maybe we have the same ones..
Old 03-31-2006, 06:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

That's bs imo!!! Get BOP nsted!!! Looks better! Hopefully u can get ur 2006.5 xB!!
Old 03-31-2006, 06:45 PM
5 Year Member

Hehe. Blue Onyx Pearl was my first choice until I actually saw a Polar White xB and fell in love with it. The way the body contrasts with the honeycomb in the upper and lower grills and the rear tinted windows looks so hot.

The BOP was what my dealer could originally find for me. I haven't actually seen one in person, but from images I found online, it looked pretty hot too, so I decided to go with the blue. The 2 cars they found in BOP were actually sold(other dealership errors) but they had a white 5 speed(my first choice)

In the end, I got the polar white and I love it.

I know it will be harder to keep clean, but it will be worth it.
Old 03-31-2006, 06:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics

Originally Posted by Evil_Inside
Hehe. Blue Onyx Pearl was my first choice until I actually saw a Polar White xB and fell in love with it. The way the body contrasts with the honeycomb in the upper and lower grills and the rear tinted windows looks so hot.

The BOP was what my dealer could originally find for me. I haven't actually seen one in person, but from images I found online, it looked pretty hot too, so I decided to go with the blue. The 2 cars they found in BOP were actually sold(other dealership errors) but they had a white 5 speed(my first choice)

In the end, I got the polar white and I love it.

I know it will be harder to keep clean, but it will be worth it.
I agree!! polar white is hott! so far i have only seen one other polar white in my area.
Old 04-01-2006, 12:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have a BOP and if I had it to do over, I'd get a PW or TCM instead. The BOP looks dirty five minutes after I wash it, and I've noticed the other dark color xBs are similar. I think that because of the flat surfaces, dirt tends to just accumulate on an xB, and on the dark paints the dirt really shows.

RichC
Old 04-03-2006, 12:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think that because of the flat surfaces, dirt tends to just accumulate on an xB
I'll second that. My tC holds a shine twice as long as my wife's xB.
Old 04-05-2006, 04:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

By the way pioneer sells a add on steering wheel controls for their radios and there is a plug for it on the radio , it attaches on the inside / side of the center of the steering whell for like $60-75.00

Quick Reply: I paid for a 2006.5 Scion xB but got a 2006 - what can I do?